Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Empty Box

The other day I signed up for the cigar-of-the-month club over at www.cigar.com/

I was so excited that I paid for the entire year's membership in advance. As part of the deal for doing that, I would get a small desktop humidor to hold my cigars, as well as my first month's stash of cigars.

I couldn't wait. I knew the package would arrive today, so I practically sat on the porch (in the rain) waiting for the delivery truck.

Fortunately it came early.

I got the package, told the dog and cats to get out of my way, ripped it open, saw the beautiful humidor, and then opened it's lid to find -- nothing.

It was empty!

I was instantly miffed.

So much for me being non-attached and spiritually evolved.

I went online, wrote an email to the company, and "thanked" them for sending me an empty box. After all, I told them, you're a cigar store. You couldn't put any cigars in the box??

Barely an hour later, I received a very understanding email from Jeff, a personal cigar consultant at www.cigar.com

He said he would overnight me some cigars, would send me another humidor (I'm not sure why), and offered to be my personal consultant if I needed anything concerning cigars for myself or my friends.

Smart move.

Not only did he save the sale, make me feel better, and turn me into a customer for life, but I'm also browsing their catalog right now - with Jeff's help - so I can place a large order -- an order I never intended to ever place!

The moral: Do more than what your customers expect.

Ao Akua,

Smokin' Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- "The Attractor Factor" is still working. A little later in the day the mail brought me a small box. It was a gift from one of the coaches in my www.miraclescoaching.com program. The box contained a selection of cigars. So my empty humidor is no longer empty. See how this magic works? I got an empty box, vented about it, and let it go. Once I was detached, the box got filled. This is the key to a happy life.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

As always Mr. Fire - you are so right. When given exceptional service that surprizes me - I not only continue to patronize that establishement, but I tell everyone I know to go there. Exceptional service is a contageous marketing tool.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Britt Malka said...

Hi Joe

You are right: Service is one of the most important thing in business.

I couldn't help thinking about you this last weekend, where we received the weekly magazine "Le Point" (French, if you haven't guessed). The magazine mentions the most expensive cigar in the world. Did you hear of it? It's called Behike and it comes from Cohiba (these names are not at all familiar to me, woman, non-smoker). They made 100 boxes to celebrate their 40 years, and the cigars are hand rolled by Norma Fernandez, the oldest employee of Cohiba. There will only come 8 boxes to France, and the price will be 15,000 euros/18,000 usd for a nice box with humididors and 40 cigars. Read on, if you dare: http://www.cigars-of-cuba.com/readings/8festival.asp

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.