Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Problem with Intention


I don't think intention is anywhere near as important as inspiration.

Intention is a toy of the mind; inspiration is a directive from the Divine.

The goal is to listen and act, not beg and wait.

Most people who set intentions are like children sitting on Santa's knee. They are asking, pleading and often crying to get what they want.

The Divine (Universe) will give you what you want if you ask for it with detachment and love, and you're in alignment to receive it.

But what I've found to be far more powerful is to receive inspiration and act on that.

Rather than trying to control the Divine, you are surrendering to It.

When you do, miracles happen.

Ao Akua,

Joe

PS - The above picture is of a mansion for sale in San Clemente, California. I've been thinking about it for months. I haven't declared an intention to buy it. Instead, I feel inspired to look into it. I'm finally giving in to the inspiration. Let's see what happens next...

PPS - Happy Thanksgiving!

PPPS - If you're curious about the Panoz Automotive Company, who built my beautiful redhead Francine, the Travel Channel on TV is doing a special documentary on them tomorrow at 12:30 PM Central. Check local listings for more information.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Allen said...

Hey Joe!
~ I suspect that the key to all of this is that old saw, "You get what you focus on." As a therapist, I see this all the time. Couples get a picture in their heads that their partner is a "jerk," and that's all they see. Most never get to the point of seeing that their beliefs aren't "right." They are just a neuro-sort - a way of making sense of data.
~ We say, "If you don't like your life, you MUST change your story."
~ I further suspect that a key for me is to know what abundance means for me. Most folk I know can only list off what they do NOT want. As you know from my book, I see "simple presence, "(the working title of the next book - I'll send you a copy when it's done!) works for me, as well as having and maintaining and excellent relationship with Dar. The rest of the "stuff" is held lightly, and just seems to work out.
~ Speaking of which, have you considered Costa Rica, instead of an island? Dar and I decided a few years ago to move there - sort of a spur of the moment thing. Went down for 4 days, bought land. Our intention is to be there mostly full time in 2008.
You'd love it!
see:
http://www.phoenixcentre.com/costa_rica/index.htm

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe, wanted to share my feelings on the mansion on the cliff. Its great except you have no path down to the ocean. You will be disconnected from the ocean/shore/rocks/beach (representing reality) except for the view (representing the inner mind). I don't think it reflects who you are. You seem to be a person who likes to connect with everything of beauty. A mansion which allows you to access the shore would be the ideal-in my opinion...Bruce.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

Interesting post, thanks. It made me think back on my own life and compare times I had been inspired to do things and times I had merely done things because of an intention.

Guess what? The acts I performed from inspiration have had far greater impacts on my life!

Yesterday I was listening to your podcast in my car while driving home, and suddenly felt inspired to post this want ad on eBay.

Will it work? I have no idea. And you know what? I don't care much - I'm not attached to a particular result (after all, I have a perfectly good car already).

I haven't bought your attractanewcar.com product, but maybe I should... let's see if the inspiration appears to do so :-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Douglas Paul Alp said...

Hey Joe,

Inspiration, I just love the word, and have seen Wayne Dyer speak about it and of course when I am inspired to do something there is so much less resistance and it's much more fun. So I am inspired and have my intention set on a particular desire, but where does the belief aspect come in. Say I have a limiting belief in that area, does that slow down the process of attraction, and where does persistence and perseverance fit in. I'm am sure one must have those attributes going for them too

Namaste'
Doug
mycompletelife3.blogspot.com

11:09 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Belief rules. If you have a limiting belief, you'll either not act on the inspiration or you'll slow it down. This is why I keep saying you must get clear. When the counter-intentions are gone, you act, things flow, and miracles happen.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.