Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Blond Ghost Stories

While much of the world watched me on Larry King Live last night, I was in my BMW 645ci with my friend Mark Ryan.

We were driving to Blanco, Texas, where I gave a talk to a Lions Club over chicken fried steak and green beans soaked in bacon fat (I didn't eat any).

On the way, we discussed what I might talk about to the group.

Mark asked me if I knew any blond ghost stories.

I thought that was an odd question, but I figured he was distracting me from my talk and my excitement over the Larry King appearance. So I played along.

"Not really," I replied. "I had a dream once that Marilyn Monroe came to see me. But she was dead. Turns out I wasn't dreaming and she wasn't dead, so it got confusing."

I was making it up, of course. I was just trying to come up with a blond ghost story to answer Mark's question.

But that's not what he asked me.

Turns out he actually asked me if I knew any Blanco stories.

Oh.

Listening is important.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - I didn't see the Larry King show until very late last night. From what I can gather from all the calls, emails and book sales I'm seeing, I must have done ok. Thank you for your support.

PPS - Some people now want me to run for political office. That's baffling. Do you really want someone leading people who hears "Blanco stories" as "Blond Ghost Stories"?


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ernest ODell said...

Dr. Vitale,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your presentation at the Blanco Lion's Club. You were a HIT with everybody that was there and have lots of fans (and disciples) here.

My phone was ringing off the wall Friday morning following your presentation, and the young lady that took our picture sent me a real nice photo and I would like to forward you a copy.

My apologies for the "fried" food. I didn't have the control over that which I wanted. Meals are pre-arranged, and although I put in a request for something else, they did not prepare it. I would have gladly paid for it separately from my own funds, but nonetheless, it was not what I expected.

However, having said that, I hope our little town - and the Blanco Lion's Club - doesn't leave you with any negative impressions.

You lifted a lot of spirits Thursday night, and many people went home and watched the Larry King Live show where you were a guest. I was also inspired by all the speakers and was impressed by Dr. Beckwith in the movie "The Secret".

It really was a double honor to meet Mark Ryan. I hope this doesn't bring any more "ghost" stories! :)

I've posted a big "thank you" note at http://100grandamonthclub.tripod.com/mrfire along with the picture that was taken by Anna Dill, the young lady who was also at your presentation.

Sincerely,

Ernest O'Dell
Blanco, TX

6:22 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

I had a great time, Ernest! What a wonderful group of people. Except for the food, I'd do it again in a heart beat!
joe :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Ernest ODell said...

Dr. Vitale,

Thank you so much for your positive response! I just returned from Nell Krueger's home where we watched The Secret with 6 other people. We're starting a "Secret" society here in Blanco! :)

As I sat through the movie, watching it for the 5th time since Thursday, I got to thinking to myself as I made notes: I did, indeed, have some control of the outcome of the meal, but missed it. I still have some "learning" to do with the Attractor Factor.

I've got some other ideas that I would like to bounce off of you, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

It's almost midnight and I'm still excited! I thought I would be exhausted after 6 weeks of planning the event, but have found myself to have a renewed burst of energy. The "writer's block" that I was experiencing over the last couple of months has turned into a torrential flood of inspiration. I look forward to having the galley copy of my book finished soon!

Thank you so much for the inspiration you gave to all of us!

Sincerely,
Ernest O'Dell
Blanco, TX
P.S. Next time we get together, I'll let you order what pleases you and I'll pick up the tab! Deal? :))

11:58 PM  
Blogger Ernest ODell said...

Dr. Vitale,

Hi again from Ernest O'Dell in Blanco. I would like to come over and have lunch at the Cedar Grove sometime next month before I take my Christmas vacation. Would you, Bill and Mark like to join me? My treat!

Ernest O'Dell

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.