Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Top Ten Things I Do Every Day to be Successful

Aaron Potts started a great Internet experiment called “Simply Successful Secrets”.

He invited bloggers to write a post about the 5-10 things they do most days (at least 4-5 days a week) that help them be successful.

Participating bloggers then "tag" other bloggers, inviting them to contribute to the experiment, revealing their own secrets to success.

Each blog post is linked back to Aaron’s original post and to the person who tagged them.

As you might imagine, this is a brilliant way to get all the bloggers new readers, elevate all the blogs in the search engines, and help educate everyone -- readers as well as bloggers -- by revealing daily success tips they may never have thought of before.

I received Mary Ann Copson's email invitation to me to participate in this grand experiment and decided this would be entertaining as well as educational.

So, here are the top ten things I do every day to be successful:

1. Exercise.

I exercise 4 to 5 days a week. Weight-lifting is three days a week. Cardio/aerobics is two. I usually do this in the morning, after I've had enough coffee to awaken most of my body and alert it to the fact that we're about to move. Exercise is a great stress reducer as well as confidence builder. Plus burning off calories lets me consume some calories and not regret it. I work-out in my own gym, so I don't have far to walk to get there. Truth be known, I wish I didn't have to exercise. But I also know there's no healthy way around it. So I, as Nike advises, "Just do it."

2. E-mail.

I check e-mail all day long, but heavily in the morning. I do my best to answer important e-mails quickly, as if writing a short telegram where every word costs plenty. Since my business is largely Internet driven, taking care of urgent e-mails keeps me prosperous and customers happy. Since I'm in the movie The Secret, often these e-mails come from reporters or people wanting to set up interviews with me, so it's important I act on these right away. I answer most email faster than most autoresponders. I also have a couple of mentoring programs, such as Miracles Coaching, and I love receiving emails from people achieving new levels of success from this coaching. Donald Trump once wrote, "Email is for wimps." For me, it's for the successful.

3. Read.

It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I read numerous books, many at one time, and throughout the day. I love books. I'm an admitted bookaholic. I rarely read fiction and can't get enough nonfiction in the areas of marketing, copywriting, publicity, advertising, spirituality, psychology, health, healing, hypnosis, mind power, new thought, muscle building, close-up magic, etc.

4. Write.

I'm always working on a new book. I have so many books out now that I can't remember them all, which means I can sometimes re-read one of my own books and be entertained, since it's new to me, too. Usually there is one book I am focusing on writing to the exclusion of all else. Right now I'm writing The Key: The Missing Secret to Attracting Whatever You Want, but I also have two other books to write and several more to promote. Focus gives me power. I write every day, either on a book, an email campaign, a blog post, a website, a news release, or an article for www.mrfire.com/ I even write blog posts from my Blackberry. I'm a writer, so I write. A lot.

5. Hot Tub

My Jacuzzi is the greatest investment of my life. I've never been so relaxed after being in it for just 30 minutes at 101 degrees. I now do this virtually every day. There's nothing like resting and revitalizing yourself so you can go back into the office and resume work. I think it's essential to meditate and relax, in some way, daily. If you're too busy to do this, then you really need to do this.

6. Gratitude

About six months ago I started smoking cigars. Not cigarettes with all their paper and additives; cigars. Say what you want, cigar smoking has become a type of gratitude meditation for me. I usually smoke a Cuban cigar outside, on the pool deck, in the evening. Sometimes I play one of my guitars, too. As I relax and look at the sky, I give gratitude for my life. I didn't always have a luxurious lifestyle. I was homeless thirty or so years ago. I am grateful to have survived it and grateful to be alive today. Life is good. Giving thanks makes it better. Watch my smoke.

7. I Love You.

Every day I spend time with Nerissa, our cats and dog, and feel the love. I've learned that the simple statement "I love you" can create miracles. "I love you" keeps the bliss alive. I explain this in my forthcoming book, Zero Limits. But I do this every day. I'm doing it right now. I'm silently saying I love you as I write this.

8. Planning.

Every evening I list what I will do the next day. But I do this in a unique way. I learned this method from Jerry and Esther Hicks. I make two lists. On one list I write the things I am scheduled to do, such as make calls, do an interview, turn in my tax records to my corporate accountants, etc. On the other list I write what I want the Universe to do. This may sound goofy, but the Divine (the Universe, God, Life, Tao, etc) will handle some of your bigger requests, if you simply ask. Again, this may seem gonzo to you, but it's my reality. Apparently, it works. I continue to do it. Have for years.

9. Research.

I visit very few websites, but those I do are essential to me. I visit Amazon every day. I'm always checking on how my babies (books) are doing, such as The Attractor Factor and my P.T. Barnum book. I'm always looking to see what new books Amazon suggests I get. I read a handful of blogs. I don't pay too much attention to the current news. I'm interested in trends, gadgets, new technology, health, healing, the Law of Attraction, etc. But my quick turbo-speed web surfing keeps me at least abreast of what's happening, so I can spot opportunities for new products, etc.

10. Nap.

I try to take a nap every afternoon. Sometimes being in the hot tub relaxes me so much that's it best to take a nap right after being in it. I need a nap to let my muscles recuperate from working-out. I also need a nap to let my mind refuel after writing and reading most of the day. I don't usually get a lot of sleep at night, so an afternoon nap keeps me sane, too.

There you have it. Those are my daily success to-dos.

As for other bloggers I'd like to see respond to this "tag" and reveal their own daily secrets to success, they include:

Pat O'Bryan
Jim Edwards
Bill Hibbler
Craig Perrine
David Garfinkel
Seth Godin
Dan Kennedy
Michelle Malkin
Sir Richard Branson
Kathy Sierra
Mark Joyner
James Ray
Jon Stewart

Feel free to share this message with anyone you like. I'm sure we can all benefit from the success tips of the successful.

Ao Akua,

Joe
Mister Fire!

PS -- What are the top 5 things you do every day to get and stay successful? Why not post them as a comment here, or on your own blog and link back to this one?


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, you might enjoy this-
http://www.divinereachcoaching.com/Delegating%20to%20the%20Universe-Printable%20List.pdf

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some Gym you have, Joe. I enjoyed reading your list. I see you are a very active guy.

I would like to share just ONE thing I do every day without fail.

"Flowing Breeze, Swaying Willows"

I practice, and teach, Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung.

It takes me just 15 minutes. The results are amazing. It keeps me healthy. I have not caught any illness since my practice began 5 years ago.

It also charges me with energy that lasts the whole day.

The mental clarity and spiritual joy are pretty good as well... ;)

The forte of Chi Kung is to restore yin-yang harmony. High level Chi Kung is as rare today as it ever was.

"Flowing Breeze, Swaying Willows", enables me to live each day with joy and freedom.

Smiling from the heart,

Jordan

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Leap! Guys said...

I love the hot tub part Joe.

1. I wake everyday to the sound of my two year old daughter and get present to how grateful I am for her and what an honor it is to be a parent and husband, above all else.

2. My breakfast is a shake with fresh or frozen fruit, protein powder and soy or skim milk. That's it. It gives me the fuel to get going and not feel bogged down.

3. I go to the gym. Without exercise, I'm stiff and sore.

4. I'm with Joe. Read, read, read. Blogs, emails and books. Education in your business and personal interests is essential.

5. Schedule my day out everynight before bed. I schedule everything including, the gym, returning calls, emailing & lunch. It's easier to change my schedule than to wander around in a fog for 2 hours trying to figure out what I need to do.

5.1. Do what I say I'm going to do when I say I'm going to do it. (Integrity)

My schedule says it's time to go. ~ordinaryisaac

9:14 AM  
Blogger Britt Malka said...

Hi Joe

You gave me a shock, when I read about your Jacuzzy. 101 degrees? Then it hit me: Fahrenheit! In celcius water is boiling at 100 degrees ;-)


1. Email
I know ... this shouldn't be the first thing I do in the morning, but it is. Usually, it's not to hard, so I kind of wake up, reading and answering important emails. Like you, my business is the Internet, so email is a very important part of my business. I wish everybody used it - the phone takes up so much time and always interups, when you want it the least.

2. Blogs
Next I skim the RSS-feeds I follow. Any exiting news? Great money-making tips? New gadgets? Sometimes I get inspired at once and write some blog postings myself.

3. Write
I'm a writer too, so a big part of my day is occupied by this lovely work: Writing! I usually write on at least one book, which will be edited, printed and sold in Denmark. I also work on my own ebooks, and of course I write blog postings, comments (important too) to other blog postings, articles etc.

4. Read
I love reading, and I always read one fiction book, at least one non-fiction printed book and several ebooks, which I normally print out before reading. Lately, I've learned speed reading, which gives me the opportunity to read and learn even more. The books are in English, Danish and French.

5. Listen
When ever I do something boring, like vacuum cleaning, cooking, dish washing etc., I always listen to podcasts on my iPod. I listen to Cush in order to get entertained, and I listen to you, Alex Mandosian and others in order to learn about making money. I listen to my husband, Cyril Malka, who makes highly popular podcasts about psychological subjects.

I know you only asked for 5 things, but I do a 6th thing too that's highly important for me to be successful:

6. Eat dinner at a restaurant
Okay, this isn't daily, even though I wish it could be. I love Indian food, Marrocain food, even French sometimes, Italian, Libyan etc. But it's not about the food, actually. After a long days work (beginning at 9 o'clock AM, ending at 7 og 8 PM, I really relax when my husband and I go out to dine, have a glas of wine, and just talk and have a good time. We don't take on holidays, but we go out to eat at least once a week. This, and our weekly day totally off without computer, phones or business, gives us the vacation we need.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Rudy 1959 said...

Wow Joe I love the simple things that you do. What I find the most interesting is that for some, they think it takes so much more to be sucessful. I have read your book the Attractor Factor, Buying trances & Hypnotic marketing I simply loved it all.

Thanks for the inspiration that you have given me in my life and thanks for the top 10 things. Wow you truly are a genuine person.

Rudy

10:28 AM  
Blogger Rudy 1959 said...

Wow joe I'd like to thank you for making life so simple and, thats the key. thanks for the inspiration in my life I have read the Attractor Factor, Buying Trances & Hypnotic marketing.

You are truly a genuine person.

Thanks again

10:31 AM  
Blogger Dana Detrick-Clark from Serious Vanity Music said...

What a great one! I'll try to keep my list brief:

1. 5:30am breakfast and coffee with my husband and business partner, to get our day started on the right foot.
2. Check email early--keep inbox clean!
3. Take time to appreciate the joy and innocence my animals bring into my life.
4. Make music! Even if it's not a 'keeper', I try to do something musical everyday, so I remember what I'm in business for!
5. Thank someone.
6. Pencil in on my schedule the time I'm spending in my studio. If it's too much--I go outside. Too little, I refocus!
7. Meditate.
8. Read.
9. Meet someone new.
10. Listen.

I'm going to expound on my answers in my own blog at femmefrets.blogspot.com!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is by no means a complete list but these are my top two -

1. Write a gratitude list. Every morning, I write a list of things I'm grateful for, usually between 10-15 items.

2. Write what I call "morning pages" - a technique I learned from Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way. Every morning, I write. Just begin writing and write whatever comes out. Sorta like journaling but it's more powerful, I think.

Ok well - here's a third one -

3. Eat dinner with my family. Every night, we sit at the table, all of us - together - and we have dinner. This is important to both my husband and I and helps us connect with the kids.

Blessings,
Annie
http://annieanderson.wordpress.com

2:14 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Joe,

Much obliged for your participation in the Simply Successful Secrets project!

The response has been overwhelming, and without fail, the "secrets" have been a lot less complex than I think a lot of people would have realized.

I love that this is bringing home the fact that real success is about consistency and enjoyment, not just about blindly working hard.

I am compiling the master list which I will post on my blog when all is said and done, but I'll give a sneak peek right now: Reading, writing, and relaxing are at or near the top of the list.

It's a wonderful and amazing fact that the things that so many people actually enjoy doing are also some of the top success "secrets".

Thanks again for participating, Joe!

p.s. - Very much looking forward to 'Zero Limits' in June!

2:42 PM  
Blogger victoria said...

Success to me first of all, is being true to myself... and not keeping up with the Jones's or what other people think I need to do.

I do have daily rituals that I do each day though... to make my day flow,keep my focus, and create balance in my life.

In the morning before I get out of bed, I say a morning prayer of thankfulness.. for my life, the gift of my family and for the day.

I give myself a Reiki treatment, do yoga, and exercise.

I watch "THE SECRET" visualization movie clip without fail.

I write down what I want, and then watch it come true.

My family comes first ALWAYS.

I connect with my family before they go off to school and work.

I stay focused on what I have to do for my practice FEMININE LIVING, and allow nothing to stand in the way of my passion for my work.

I look at my e-mails and respond only to those that are work related or personal or that hold interest to me. I delete all e-mails that are of a "buy me hype mode" they waste my energy and time.

I spend time outside in my garden each day, tending to my herbs and roses. Gardening is one of the greatest gifts in the world.

I read and do research each day,to help my mind expand and my heart grow.

I try to learn NEW something each day.

I eat organic food, and drink lots of water.

I let my family and friends know I care.

I smile and give a helping hand to everyone I can.

I take a walk each night,no exceptions.

I shut down my home business when my daughter comes home from school... and give HER the attention and the support she deserves.

I say evening prayers with my husband Todd... and always tell him I love him before I fall into sleep land.

I stay positive.

I laugh each day, usually at myself!

I love you all,
Victoria Silva

3:11 PM  
Blogger Terrie said...

Dr. Vitale,
Thank you so much for this! You have given me so many ideas in just this one post. My mind is swirling just reading this. I have already begun to establish a routine like this. You are so very special. The world is very blessed to have you walking this plane (and others).
I have created a Gratitude Journal that I have given to my list and would be happy if anyone who reads this wants to use it. It is simply a gift. It's at http://www.GratitudeTracker.com

Terrie Wurzbacher
San Antonio, Tx

3:20 PM  
Blogger Terrie said...

Dr. Vitale,
Thank you so much for this! You have given me so many ideas in just this one post. My mind is swirling just reading this. I have already begun to establish a routine like this. You are so very special. The world is very blessed to have you walking this plane (and others).
I have created a Gratitude Journal that I have given to my list and would be happy if anyone who reads this wants to use it. It is simply a gift. It's at http://www.GratitudeTracker.com

Terrie Wurzbacher
San Antonio, Tx

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mark Joyner said...

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the tag!

Can I give one answer and not ten?

I do my "Daily Target Praxis" as we teach at Simpleology:

http://mrfire.simpleology.com

It's a unified way of answering that question that is working for over 200,000 people right now. (We offer free training and software at the above link that teaches it.)

Mark Joyner

4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joe!
Kevin H.Cahill Here!
I have signed up to your E-mail and enjoy getting them very much. Just a bit of a promo on my part if you don't mind. I also have a book out at Amazon. It is called "That Golden Prairie Whale". It's ISBN is 142416050-2 and was wondering if you might give it a read. I hope you do. I wrote it after reading the Science of getting rich and have been a follower of this ever since. Unfortunatly I am not able to take advantage of The secret as yet due to a stuggle I have paying down the credit card debt I racked up over the past few years but it will come I know it because I keep asking the universe for it knowing it is in my hands right now. any way I hope you give my book a read and can read between the lines. It is a little over 50 pages long and done as a rhyme.
Remaining a friend, Khcahill@netscape.ca

5:59 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Glad you decided to post this, Joe.

My list (short but sweet) is:

1.) Plan for the following day. I make a list of what needs to be accomplished the next day and write it down. I've done this for years.

2.) Write in my gratitude journal right before I go to sleep so I am still in the mode of gratitude as I'm drifting off.

3.) Upon waking, I once again focus on what I'm grateful for and visualize my perfect day. Makes for a much better day when I do this.

4.) Read! Like Joe, I am addicted to books and devour anything in the personal development/marketing areas.

5.) Write. I'm either writing a blog post, working on articles, a new book or my latest newsletter.

These are but a few, but very important! If I had to pick one to consider most important, I'd have to say it's gratitude. I've learned in my life how truly powerful it is - heck, I even wrote a book on it!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Luis Duarte said...

Hola Mr. Fire, Thank you for sharing so many good stuff, they have helped me a lot. I teach kickboxing and Tai Chi (yin & Yang), the five things I do every day are:
1. Start the morning with Tai Chi, teach a class and after that I do my own practice.
2. Check emails and read the important ones.
3. Enjoy life while I work
4. Thank GOD for everything I have and everything I don't have.
5. End the day with meditation (holosync)

Best wishes,

Luis Duarte
www.freewebs.com/taichiqigong

7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What great articles and comments.
Darlene
www.KnowingTheSecret.com

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What great articles and comments. I applaud all of the creative people you are attracting.
Darlene
www.knowingthesecret.com

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joe,

1. These are the “Secrets to My Success”.

2. Continue to grow, think, and improve myself every day.

3. Be mindful of my values and priorities, and spend the majority of my time on activities that support them.

4. Eat healthy, exercise, and take my vitamins and fish oil every day.

5. Be fully engaged with life. When I’m at work, I try to concentrate fully on what I am doing. Then when it’s time to play, or be with my family, I refocus. I try to quit worrying about work or the 101 items on my “to do” list waiting for my attention.

6. Believe in myself and try to maintain a positive mental attitude.

7. Continually focus on providing service to others. I don’t believe anyone is truly successful if their primary focus is on themselves. Finding ways to contribute to my family, friends, community, and society gives meaning to life. As a physician, I try to listen, to show compassion, and to improve the quality of my patients’ lives.

In addition, I have created www.DietSecretsMD.com to share my Secrets of Weight Loss Success with everyone. This is a completely free website offering tons of useful information to those who want to lose weight.

8. Remember to be grateful for all that life has to offer. Find joy and reflect upon it. Remind my family how much I love them.

Thanks,

Susan Parsons MD

8:17 PM  
Blogger funDiva Christy Hoffman said...

How to BE HAPPY like funDiva

http://beHappy.funDiva.com

:)
Christy

PS What a fun project!

9:06 PM  
Blogger kate loving shenk said...

Thank you, Joe--
I hope your list of people responds to your invitation to participate with this!!
I created a forum over at Powerful Intentions called Think Riches in order to apply Napoleon Hill's Think And Grow Rich Principles--like Martin Dunkerton does in the new blockbuster movie: "Millionaire: Awaken Your Secret."
get the movie here:
http://www.nursingcareertransformation.com/MillionaireSecret.html
1)so i write,
2)check email and respond,
3)write on my blogs,
4)write articles for submission services,
5)need to get back to the morning pages!!!
6)practice ho'oponopono incessantly
7)check the ho'oponopono forum at PI regularly
8)exercise
9)meditate
10)and work with patients as a nurse--and work at preventing the extinction of nurses in America and throughout the Free World
much love, many thanks,
kate loving shenk
Nursing Career Transformation

8:00 AM  
Blogger stampwithheather said...

Your way of writing your planning list is fantastic! Now my lists won't be so boring and will help keep the focus on where I'm going in my life. Joe, you continue to be an inspiration every day and I thank you for sharing your passion in life. What's on my list? Top 6 are taking care of 6 children for the next couple months. 7. Eat 8. Drink water 9. Breathe 10. Sleep
Looking forward to reading your posts every day!
www.stampwithheather.com

8:37 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

1. Exercise - lots of different things, I get bored easily
2. Meditate - Gaidon Heart method, very visual
3. Appreciate everything I see, hear, and touch, life is really great
4. Create (otherwise known as work by some people) - write book, blog, videocast, and podcast
5. Email - three times a day, if not more
6. Read - email, blogs, podcasts
7. Help someone - suggestions, networking, giving back
8. Reflect - write in journal, plan next day

Chris Sherrod
http://www.TheProsperityGuy.com

11:54 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Joe,

I love your blog, your teachings and all you do!

Here are my top five:

http://goodtogreatcopy.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-top-five-daily-success-steps.html

6:59 PM  
Blogger Tracey Dooley said...

Great post, Joe, and thanks for sharing!

I posted my 10 success tips before reading this, but you can read them here (I don't want to clog up your 'comments' box as mine is quite a long list!):

http://marketingmoment.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/what-success-means-and-how-to-be-successful/

5:44 AM  
Blogger ocean said...

10 things i do every day.

1. every morning, before work, i work out for thirty to fourty five minutes.

2. my son and i have breakfast together before work.

3. i call my parents and sister every morning on my way to work.

4. i recap my companie's daily and quarterly goals and percent of increase, or decrease as the case is seldomly.

5. i take five every few hours and read.

6. i record my dreams daily in my dream journal.

7. i write daily entries in journals addressed to my son that he will be given when he grows up.

8. we eat a vegetarian diet with the inclusion of some seafood to keep ourselves energized and capable of handling the many stresses of a single mommy and an only child.

9. we call my parents every night to say good night so that they will know that they are on our minds as we go to sleep.

10. my son and i fall asleep together every night. i always want his face to be the last thing i see before sleeping.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joe. It is great to see your list!

I was a part of the experiment, and it is wonderful to see so many people involved and sharing their secrets to success. I am glad to see you were there, as well.

If you like, you can check out my list here:
http://www.ruleof5.com/2007/04/05/%e2%80%9csimply-successful-secrets%e2%80%9d/

It is an ugly url, I know.

Keep up the great work, Joe.

P.S. I just read the Attractor Factor, and it blew me away!

Takuin Minamoto Ruleof5.com

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joe. It is great to see your list!

I was a part of the experiment, and it is wonderful to see so many people involved and sharing their secrets to success. I am glad to see you were there, as well.

If you like, you can check out my list here:

http://www.ruleof5.com/2007/04/05/%e2%80%9csimply-successful-secrets%e2%80%9d/

It is an ugly url, I know.

Keep up the great work, Joe.

P.S. I just read the Attractor Factor, and it blew me away!

Takuin Minamoto Ruleof5.com

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.