Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, December 30, 2005

The Monkey Mystery Solved


A few posts ago http://mrfire.blogspot.com/2005/12/why-does-santa-give.html I mentioned that people were sending me gifts but without cards or notes or any identification to know who sent them to me.

Well, it turns out that in almost every case it was a mistake.

It wasn't a mistake that I got the gifts, but that the cards weren't included.

For example --

The person who sent me the Ipod Nano (which I truly love) was Paul Bauer of www.DreamsAlive.com Apple was supposed to include a card from him with the product.

They forgot.

And the person who sent me the monkey (pictured above left) was Charles Lewis, my webmaster for www.mrfire.com and www.HypnoticMarketingInc.com Sharper Image www.sharperimage.com was supposed to include a card from him with the "Amazing 'Alive' Chimpanzee."

They, too, forgot.

Obviously, this is a marketing mistake.

Big businesses keep forgetting that their entire service needs to be flawless for people to be happy and return to do more business. Screw up a few times and people will wander away. Forgetting to include gift cards isn't a tragic mistake, but it's still a mistake.

Even my monkey knows that.

Ao Akua,

joe

PS - My birthday was yesterday (12-29). Many people came from far and wide to celebrate it, to bring gifts, to give hugs, and to share in my 52nd celebration. If you're interested, I'll post a picture or two. And if you're not interested, I'll still post them.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.