Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Man Who Said, "I'll touch your wife in places she's never been touched before."

Over ten years ago, back in my Houston daze, I advised a guitar teacher to go into business writing custom songs for people: You tell him what you want and he writes an original song just for you. I thought it was a good idea. Still do.

But my guitar teacher felt extreme fear. He in fact spun around on his heels when I told him the idea, as if shot with an electric surge that made him spin like a kid's toy.

I think he liked the idea.

But he never acted on it.

The other day, while flying home from Poland, I was flipping through the December 2006 issue of The Robb Report Collection when I spotted an unusual ad. The headline read:

"I'll touch your wife in places she's never been touched before."

I read the ad and was delighted to see it was my idea brought to life. It's from an enterprising songwriter who writes custom made songs for your loved one.

Brian Alex knows what he's doing. Apparently he charges well, as he only writes two songs a month. Plus he's running ads in Robb Report magazine. I bet he's living a luxurious life doing what he loves.

I don't know him yet but his site is at http://www.customlovesongs.com/

I think a secret to success is this: act on ideas when they come to you, even if they scare you and make you spin like a top.

If you don't act, some one else will.

You can still act on a good idea late in the game -- my old Houston guitar teacher could still do this idea, too, for example -- but the first to market usually claims recognition in the mind of the public.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - In that same issue of The Robb Report Collection there is a beautiful article about the Panoz automotive company, the wonderful Georgia folks who created my beautiful girlfriend, Francine. The article says the Panoz company can make a car for you in any color, even an unpainted mirror finish alloy. Sounds like Francine may get a sister one day.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes Hopper said...

One of my favorite singers and songwriters, Scott Kalechstein, has been doing custom, on-the-spot, songs for people for years. He has a great sense of humor and his songs are funny, spiritual and metaphysical, always positive and uplifting. Check him out at www.scottsongs.com I know you'll like his stuff.
Happy Holidays
Wes

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.