Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Meeting P.T. Barnum


I heard about legendary media prankster Alan Abel well over ten years ago, when I was researching P.T. Barnum for my book, There's a Customer Born Every Minute.

I never knew I would ever get to meet the man, let alone hire him to pull stunts for me and today call him my friend.

I spent two hours interviewing Alan yesterday, all caught on video thanks to Nerissa. We also had a two hour dinner with him last night.

What a treat to sit at the feet of this fast-thinking genius - the man behind such historic movements as the one to clothe naked animals, the one to audit the IRS, and of course the Canine Concert and about three hundred more stunts, hoaxes, and publicity magnet events.

If you get a chance, watch the documentary about his life. His daughter created it. It's at times moving, at other times hilarious, and always heart felt. It's called Abel Raises Cain

Alan is a rare breed. I'm glad to call him my friend.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Alan is featured in a movie I am also in, called Humbug, about outrageous publicity and the great lotto hoax of 2006. Pat O'Bryan showed it at his Unseminar 3 event yesterday. The crowd loved it. I'll let you know when it is available on DVD.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Your deep knowledge of marketing is a treasure. Thanks for arranging Alan to speak. I really enjoyed his talk. He is amazingly funny.

Chris
TheProsperityGuy.com

6:38 PM  
Blogger Stan Mrak said...

Beware of that wireless technology you're using (and bragging about, no less) ... research shows links to genetic damage and brain tumors from exposure to electromagnetic radiation from those types of devices.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.