Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Law of Attraction Require Action or "Effort"?

One of the biggest points of argument when people talk about the law of attraction is the idea of action.

Many fans of the law of attraction think you don't take any action. You simply sit like a good magnet and wait for your vibes to slide the thing you want over to your chair.

I believe that you usually if not always have to take action of some sort, but that your action isn't effort if it comes from your heart.

That's the key difference.

People run marathons, lift weights, climb mountains, write books, travel on horseback, jump out of planes, make hundreds of sales calls a day, and much more.

It's all action.

But if they do it because they want to do it, because it bubbles out of their passion to do it, then it's not effort.

Again, the law of attraction doesn't mean you don't do anything; it means what you do is effort-free.

For example, I write an astonishing amount of books, articles and blog posts. If you didn't like writing, you'd think what I'm doing is gruelling. But I love what I do. So my action isn't effort. It's simply right action for me.

If you think running up a mountain is insane, you won't take that action because if you did, it would require enormous effort.

When you practice what you learn from the movie The Secret, things do begin to come to you without much effort or action on your part. But that doesn't mean you won't have anything to do.

I was able to attract a new car -- namely Francine -- by knowing what I wanted and then taking action when prompted from the inside to drive over to San Antonio one day.

To me, the law of attraction works to make life easier, but not because you don't take action, but because the action you take is natural for you.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Part of this blog was inspired by seeing famous bodybuilder Frank Zane get in the best shape of recent years -- at age 64 -- by working his butt off, practically starving, doing as much as 90 minutes of cardio a day, and working out three times a day. Was it action? You bet. Was it effort? For you and me, it would be incredible effort. For him, it was right action. I'm sure he'd admit that it was "effort" to do, but it was a chosen effort. That, to me, is the kind of action you want to take. He attracted his ideal body, but he did it with right action -- action that he knew to take based on the ideal he wanted to attract.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joe,
Thanks, once again, for such an elegant answer to the critics of The Secret movie.

Another Joe Vitale quote for my blog
www.hypnocoachingblog.com!

Robert Monteux

12:52 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the clarification in this post.

I have been thinking about a lot of things lately about the law of attraction. I am in a job that I don't feel appreciated, or better yet, I don't feel like I am using all of my talents to the fullest potential. So, I would like to attract what my true calling in life is, but it is hard when I wake up in the morning knowing I must drudgingly go to work and punch my time card and hope to make it through the day. I have tried changing my perspective, but to no avail. We joke around about work, where we have this revolving door to get in the building. We call it the "soulsucker 3000" because when you go through it literally feels like you are drained of all of your positive energy.

Do you have a suggestion for how to attract things when you still have to put up with some of the things that you don't want to attract?? It sometimes seems like a catch 22....

Trying to attract... but not doing so well-
-bryan

ps... THANK YOU for all of the good information. I am very thankful I have attracted your books, writing and advice into my life. I really want to enjoy my "you are here" dot.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Bryan, my suggestion is to totally love where you are. Re-read my "You are Here" post. That's the secret to attracting more.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Joe,
I am new to this blog and am very grateful to have made the attraction with it! I was thinking of this very thing today, I am putting together a youth conference for Native Americans and absolutely love what I do, I have attracted all the right speakers, the right theme, the right venue, yet now attracting the money to pull it off has been a challenge. I need to attract a massive amount of money in VERY short amount of time. It seemed like when I was getting the speakers, it came fairly easy and almost miraculous because one of the speakers actually rearranged his schedule for me! So why not the money?! The Secret came into my life in September and my life has had tremendous growth. The quadrants of the Medicine Wheel-emotional, mental, physical, social have all greatly improved, yet MONEY seems just right there but not quite...does that make sense? Anyhow, if you have insight to the piece that I am missing let me know! I am amazed that I even came across your blog- thanks for having it here,
Respectfully,
Kelly

12:01 AM  
Blogger Cristian Ziegel said...

Hi Dr Vitale,
I'd like to send you much appreciation for your words on Larry King last night. Thank you thank you for having the courage to speak on what some of the others did not - specifically, we do indeed powerfully create all our experiences, negative ones included.
I've been a Law of Attraction coach for 15 years (in Canada) and believe it is the rare teacher who explains as eloquenly as you have, the difference between inspired action as opposed to motivation. Thank you again for your uplifting, magnificent work!
Warm Regards,
Cristian Ziegel

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.