Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Four Online Marketers Disappear During Last Night's Internet Blackout

Last night for about four hours the Internet experienced a blackout.

It was a small one, but some people felt it.

A few people even disappeared during it.

Bill Hibbler, Pat O'Bryan, Scott York and myself stepped away from our computers and went to see blues-rock guitar-slinger Joe Bonamassa tear down the walls and shoot chi through our veins.

During the rip-roaring concert none of us checked our email.

Nor did we do any online promotions.

We let it all go, trusting the Internet would survive without us, at least for a few hours.

Apparently it did.

No one sent out a missing person's alert looking for any of us.

No one even seemed to notice the blackout.

Joe Bonamassa was fantastic. I haven't been this excited about a guitar player since Stevie Ray Vaughan. I've seen (and met) Kenny Wayne Shepherd and other guitar slingers, but nobody puts it all together and belts it out with blistering speed and contagious energy like Bonamassa.

I'm telling you this partly to promote Joe's music, but also to remind you to take a break.

I don't take enough breaks. Except for my time in my gym, some time watching movies with Nerissa, and an occasional meal out, I basically sit in front of my computer all day and work online. I love it, of course, or I wouldn't do it.

But the Internet will survive without me if I took a few breaks.

And it would survive without you, too.

At least for a few hours.

Now and then, step away.

Get out.

Relax.

Get some fresh air.

Smoke a cigar.

Go swimming.

Or listen to some Joe Bonamassa.

Nobody will notice the "blackout" and you'll return more refreshed.

Try it and see.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - I just discovered an online marketer you should study and watch. I don't know him at all but I'm now a fan as well as a customer. I'm talking about John Wood. The guy has a niche you won't believe: Hand strength. That's it. He offers products focused on developing your hand and wrist strength. He sends out hypnotic emails virtually every day. Every one is muscular. Many are downright wise. I wrote him to say how much I love his work. He wrote back to say he's been studying my methods for years now. You never know who you influence, do you? Check out John Wood's site at www.functionalhandstrength.com/ He doesn't know I've posted this here, so let's surprise him with a sudden surge of traffic.

PPS - Oh! If you missed the info-packed free call where I and others talked about the marketing methods we learned from Internet legend Mark Joyner, you can still access the audio at http://m162.infusionsoft.com/go/xbmcall/joevitale/ If I were you, I'd go get it right now.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.