Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Why a Marketing Legend is Mad at Me

We've been staying in a beautiful home on the beach in Maui, Hawaii.

The home belongs to marketing legend and genius copywriter Joe Sugarman, father of the famous Blueblocker sunglasses.

I can finally tell you where we've been staying because tonight Joe gave me permission to do so.

Joe is a wonderful, generous, brilliant, spiritual and dear friend. I'm amazed that I know him at all let alone know him well enough to be allowed to stay in his home here in Maui.

But Joe is a little upset with me.

Joe is famous in marketing circles. Most people know of his breakthough books, such as Triggers. Or they know of his classic infomercials for his Blueblocker sunglasses.

He's also a celebrity here on the island. He published a weekly Maui newspaper for many years, so all the movers and shakers have come to know his name, even though he sold the paper a year ago.

But Joe has seen something unusual during my time here with him.

When we go places, and someone yells out, "Hi, Joe!", they aren't looking at him.

They're looking at me.

Turns out most of Maui has seen the movie The Secret.

Most of those who see it remember my face.

And when I show up someplace with Joe Sugarman, they are attracted to me, not him.

Joe's not upset, of course. He actually prefers being reclusive. He's a humble guy, which is another reason why I love him.

When I try to tell Joe how grateful I am to know him, he simply says, "You attracted me and all these good things yourself."

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Joe has a new book coming out in late November. You'll want it. Anything by Joe is a masterpiece. Go get his books on amazon. And then memorize them. And if you can find a copy of his now out-of-print earlier book, Success Forces, get it NOW. Joe told me that book could have been easily titled "Karma for Business People."

PPS - Nerissa filmed Joe Sugarman, his wife, and me last night at dinner. Stay tuned for information on this rare footage, which we'll post one day down the road. For now, Maui is calling me back to her...

** Sent via Wireless E-Mail with Blackberry **
(I could be anywhere) :)


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy 'Power Gal' Monteforte said...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for thinking of us all back here on the mainland...but then we could be anywhere too...thanks to modern technology. I was in Maui in May looking down on Joe's house from Marcy's (Marcy from Maui)house. I believe you know her from the "Secret Project" too.

You'll never guess what I have sitting on my desk at this very moment! "Hypnotic Selling Secrets Swipe Files Part 1". I'm writing some new web copy for a new WTPowers tool we're launching soon and I have to say this book really got me inspired and on a roll! It especially makes sense to me now after becoming certified in Ericksonian Hypnosis this summer. This makes communicating so much more fun and powerful!

Since you mentioned the movie Nerissa is making of you over in Maui, I feel inspired to share our Clam Bake movie with you. If you have time, hop over to my blog and read the article Lobsters, Clams and Teamwork...the movie is at the end.

www.thepowerline.typepad.com

Thanks for all you do, Joe! You are truly an inspiration!

Tracy 'PowerGal' Monteforte
CoFounder
www.wtpowers.com

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.