Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, October 30, 2006

How to Make Your Signature Memorable

On Saturday I received a beautiful signed photo from the gorgeous Jessica Biel, star of the TV show Seventh Heaven and the movie The Illusionist.

She wrote -

"Thanks, Joe! The Attractor Factor helped change my life!"

As the author of the book that changed her life, you know that touched me deeply.

My favorite signed photograph before Jessica's was from actor James Caan, the star of The Godfather and the TV show Las Vegas. I was in his Las Vegas TV show lot trailer when he wrote --

"To Joe, you're a big pain in the ass."

James Caan is as likeable in person as he seems to be on the screen, so I didn't mind at all that he jokingly (?) called me a big pain in the rear. He laughed, and so did I.

In both cases, the stars made their signatures stand out by personalizing them in an authentic way. It revealed their personality. And it was memorable.

If we all did that, we'd all be remembered.

I have autographs from everyone from boxer Mulhammid Ali to daredevil Evel Knievel to bodybuilder Frank Zane to magician Lance Burton to a very sexy Playboy bunnie.

But the ones I remember most are the ones who personalized their signatures.

I also have rare books signed by their authors, including ones by Neville and even P.T. Barnum.

My favorites are the ones where the authors added something personal right before their signature. Even though I never met the authors and don't know the people they were writing to, their special effort makes the books more valueable to me.

I think we can learn from this.

For example, when you hand out your business card, always write something personal on the back or front of it.

Just don't write, "You're a big pain the ass."

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Michelle Malone - the singer who played in my home a week ago - hasn't sent me an autographed picture of herself yet. But I also haven't asked for it. A secret of life is to ask for what you want. When I was talking to James Caan, I asked for a signed picture. When I heard Jessica Biel liked my book, I asked for a signed picture. Asking is good.

PPS - The November 2006 issue of News You Can Use is now online at http://www.mrfire.com/nycu-archives/nycu-2006/november.html

Reminder: The Larry King Live show on how to change your life by changing your mind will air Nov 2 and Nov 16. I'm on the second one. Watch both. It airs on CNN. It also airs on CNN International. See www.cnn.com/larryking Tell the world.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Андрей Беляков said...

This tip can be used not only with signatures, but with anything I can think of.

P.S.: Jessica Biel is super! Will never forget her performance in "The Rules Of Attraction".

- Andrey Belyakov,
Yaroslavl, Russia

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.