Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Beware False Readings


A fitness trainer I know looked at the recent photo of me and actor James Caan and exclaimed, "Eat more protein! You're losing too much weight!"

Was he right?

While in LA, I had my blood work done and a nutritional profile worked up. The nutritionist called me when the results were in and exclaimed, "You're eating too much protein! Cut it out!"

Was he right?

When the lab sent the blood work results back, I got a call with someone saying, "Your cholesterol is too high!"

Was he right?

I had a friend who is a medical doctor review the lab results and he said, "I think this is a false reading."

A what?

He went on to explain that I was badly dehydrated the day they took my blood, so my levels were off. He didn't think my cholesterol was high at all. And my protein intake was probably fine.

Interesting, isn't it?

In every situation -- whether health or marketing related -- I think we need to get second opinions from professionals, and then compare notes and look at variables.

What appears to be reality may in fact be a "false reading."

This is true in marketing, as well.

A mailing may not do well and someone will blame the list, when in fact it may have been a lousy headline...or a poor offer...or...?

Beware false readings.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - As a result of the temporary scare that I may have had high cholesterol, I discovered a physician-created new supplement that is guaranteed to lower bad cholesterol, raise good cholesterol, and also help prevent heart attack and stroke. This is pharmaceutical-grade, all natural, and proven to work -- in only 30 days. It contains a "secret ingredient" that no other supplement on the market has. This "secret" helps prevent heart attack and stroke. I'm so excited that I invested $12,500 in the company just to insure that I'll get the stuff as soon as it's ready. I'd tell you more about it but the next batch of this special cholesterol-lowering formula won't be ready for three weeks. Personally, I can't wait. Stay tuned.

PPS - NLP/Hypnosis/Persuasion expert Kevin Hogan and I had a fun time at a photo session last summer. See the silly and not-so-silly pictures of us and study our body language (a specialty of Kevin's) at http://kevinhogan.com/hoganvitale.htm See any false readings there?


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Actually, I have commented on it. Look at past posts.
joe

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.