Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, January 23, 2006

What I Learned from Meeting James Caan (Part Two)


T.R. Goodman of www.procampsports.com is the fitness trainer to celebrities, professional star athletes, entire sports teams (mostly hockey), and...me.

He teaches an advanced fitness model that is more focused on health and longevity, where the average trainer just focuses on how you look. (You can look great but be ill inside your body. Total fitness is an inside-out achievement. Me, I want to live forever, and look good doing so.)

T.R. looks like a shorter version of actor Tom Selleck. He walks like a panther ready to take on six guys and Jackie Chan them into the ground. And he has a heart as big as Texas. That's him buying me lunch in Venice, CA, right after another work-out in Gold's Gym.

He has access to superstar actor James Caan and got me on the set of the hit TV show Las Vegas. While the set was dark, as they weren't shooting in the studio that day, you can see Jimmy and me standing together on location, in his office on the show.


Jimmy himself took me to the set, driving me there on a little golf cart used to get around the studio lot.

He jokingly told me, "I usually only do these private tours for chicks."

Truth is, he virtually never gives personal tours.

Afterwards we went back to his trailer. That's his Bentley (which I want) parked beside it.




Inside the trailer I handed Jimmy a copy of my book, The Attractor Factor.

T.R. took pictures while I quickly told James Caan about the book. I can almost guarantee he'll never read it, as he didn't seem to connect to the book, but he said, "I should give this to my wife."

I noticed something interesting taking place while I hung out with Jimmy in his trailer.

He was far more distracted than he was when I first saw him in the gym that same morning. (See my earlier post: Part One.)

I know he had just done some shooting on location elsewhere, he had just gotten back to his trailer, and he had more than a few things on his mind. It was natural that he couldn't be as talkative or charming with me as he was earlier in the day. I'm grateful that he spent any time with me, considering who he is in the world.


Still, I noticed something that we can all learn from. Let me back up for a second and explain...

Well, on second thought, it might be better to let my observation be Part Three in this "What I Learned from James Caan" series.

So tune in tomorrow when I finish what I've started here.

Truth is, I need to gather my thoughts about how to reveal this to you, anyway.

This is an advanced psychological concept that may take some thought to explain.

So check back here tomorrow.

Ok?

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - While in LA I also met with sports hypnotherapist Pete Siegel, who I wrote about in an earlier post. I don't think I've ever met a more self-confident man in my life. He's a blend of an ancient warrior, street-smart no-nonsense results-only do-it-or-die trainer, and a mad genius in the body of a power lifting grizzly bear. I'll try to find time to write about meeting him, as well. You'll never forget it, either. His site is at http://www.incrediblechange.com/

PPS -- Remember the Hawaiian shaman therapist who healed an entire ward of mentally ill criminals-- without seeing any of them? (I wrote about him on an earlier blog post, too. See http://mrfire.blogspot.com/2005/11/living-bliss-or-my-awakening-at-hands.html) He's planning to come to Texas and would love to give a short talk about his work. If you're in the Austin area and might be interested, check back here later for more details, or sign up for my ezine at www.mrfire.com I'll be sending out the details to my list when I know more. Expect miracles.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.