Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why Harry Potter is Mad at Me Again

This morning I met Ray Liotta, the intense actor of Cop Land and Goodfellas and Field of Dreams.

We both have the same personal trainer, TR Goodman. I'm visiting in LA, going to the famous mecca of bodybuilding in Venice: Gold's Gym. Ray works out five days a week. I caught him this morning as he was doing crunches on top of a big ball. Though he was winded, he took time to shake my hand and smile. I love a celebrity who still acknowledges the common person.

I'm hoping to meet him again tomorrow and, if he doesn't mind, have a picture with him.

Back in the gym, the place was packed with people, all friendly, all focused on improving their bodies. It was an inspiring sight.

I didn't pay too much attention to the people there, but for a moment I caught a gorgeous blonde walking by me. I quickly turned back to TR and the equipment he was showing me. I wanted to stay focused and not get distracted.

Imagine my surprise when this hottie says, "Hi Joe!"

I knew this was a mistake.

I'm in LA.

I'm in Gold's Gym.

Nobody knows me here.

I look at my shirt to see if my name was on it.

Then I look behind me to see if there was another Joe in the room.

And then I look back at the blonde, who's still smiling at me.

TR says, "You know Ali, don't you Joe?"

I take another look at this mysterious charmer and then it hits me --- It's The E-zine Queen, Alexandria Brown. www.ezinequeen.com


I ran over, hugged her, and chatted for a second.

It's true: You never know who you might meet in La.

Or in a gym.

But let's talk about Harry Potter.

He's no doubt mad at me again.

My new podcast went from obscurity to #3 on Pocast Alley.

If this keeps up, I may beat him just like I did last April, when my book The Attractor Factor, became number one twice.

When will Potter ever learn?

Marketing is always more powerful than magic.

And I do both.

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- I'm supposed to meet actor James Caan tomorrow. I'm excited!

PPS -- My podcast is now #1 -- It beat Harry Potter!!! I'll post a new audio on it tonight, thanks to my friend Mark Ryan, who called me earlier. Take THAT, Potter!


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gama Salt said...

Joe, congratulations again! I got to get some sleep now, but I can't wait to listen to your 2nd podcast in the morning. At 25 minutes, it's sure to be packed with lots of magic! Guess that's sort of a three-peat beating Potter, huh? Can't wait to help push your next book to the top of the charts too...

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Love that headline - cute, funny, hypnotic!

Cheers,
Steven

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ali Brown said...

Hey Joe -- thanks for the plug! TR said you mentioned me here. Just got back from a vacation in Turquoise. Wish we could have had lunch while you were here, but you were too busy hanging with my boyfriend James Caan (haha, he's quite the flirt!) Love, Ali : )

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.