Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What I Learned From Meeting James Caan (Part One)


This morning I met actor James Caan at Gold's Gym here in Venice.

He's the mega-star of numerous movies, of course, from The Godfather to Misery to Rollerball. And's he's in the weekly TV show Las Vegas.

I was in the gym, getting a nutritional assessment done, when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I jumped up, turned around, and was facing the legend himself.

My first response was to act like a bug-eyed fan too tongue-tied to say anything but smirk and beam like an idiot.

But Jimmy -- as he likes to be called -- is about as down to earth as they get. He's got a tough-as-nails exterior, a charming street-smart playful sense of humor, and an open heart.

He saw I was drinking a bottle of Muscle Milk, grabbed it and said, "What's this shit here? Muscle Milk? The guys around here won't let you have anything with the word muscle in it."

At that point I was at ease with James Caan as I was with anyone. I started to get in the spirit of things and playfully said, "I'm not here to grow muscles. I was told they could help me grow hair."

Jimmy said, "Yea, they helped me grow one or two hairs over the years."

Outside of Gold's Gym, in front of Jimmy's Bentley, our trainer T.R. Goodman took our picture.

Jimmy said, "This is gonna cost you big bucks, Joe."

"I left my wallet in my room," I said.

James Caan turned to T.R. Goodman and jokingly said, "Why do you keep bringing me people who forget their wallets? I'm tired of this shit."

Jimmy started to get in his Bentley www.bentleymotors.com but stopped and said to me, "Joe, if you want to see some lousy writing, come to the set. These guys write like they're still in kindergarten."

"You talking about your Las Vegas TV show?"

"Yea, that's all I do anymore is the Vegas stuff. They need your help, I'm telling ya."

Jimmy got in his black stallion and drove off. But I would see him again later. He even asked my opinion about a new reality TV show he's part of --- something brutal yet inspiring -- and he amazed me by listening to my answer.

Stay tuned for more updates...Including Jimmy's reaction when I gave him a copy of my book, The Attractor Factor...and including a personal tour of the set of Las Vegas.

Onwards,

Joe

www.mrfire.com

PS -- I asked James Caan to sign a photo to me. He said, "What? A signed photo? Are you gay or what?" He got a picture and wrote, "To Joe, you're the biggest pain in the ass." Gotta love him.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Joy, I do live in Texas. I am visiting my trainer, T.R. Goodman, who is also the trainer for Jimmy. Jimmy called me a little over a year ago, after my wife died. But we never met till yesterday. See http://www.mrfire.com/article-archives/new-articles/the-only-thing.html
thanks
joe

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.