Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, February 24, 2006

I am sooooooo FRUSTRATED!


Two nights ago I interviewed a famous sports hypnotherapist. The subject was "How to Have Super-Human Self-Confidence."

I was excited about this call, promoted it for two weeks in advance, and paid extra to open the phone lines to hold more callers.

But on the night of the call, no one could get in -- not even my own guest!

Talk about frustration. I grabbed my cell phone and called the conference phone provider. They put me on hold for 20 minutes -- this is while my guest and hundreds if not thousands of people are cursing my name because they can't get on the call.

We finally got to do the call, and it was phenomenal. You can hear it on my podcast at http://mrfire.com/podcast.html

But this adventure didn't stop there.

Last night I was being interviewed on yet another call, this one about "Invincible Marketing."

Again, I promoted this event weeks in advance, told people to call in early so they wouldn't be blocked from being on the call with a sell-out crowd, etc.

And yes, the same thing happened again!

Hundreds to thousands of people couldn't get on, including my guest interviewer!

I again grabbed my mobile phone, called the service provider, and was again put on hold for 10 minutes while they sorted this out, realized it was their problem, opened the lines up, and said they were sorry.

We went on and did the call, which I think was one of the best I ever gave. You can hear it online at http://www.mrfire.com/a/invincible.html

After the call last night, I sent a stern email to the service provider.

Someone instantly wrote back, apologizing, and saying they would have someone from their headquarters call me in the morning.

Well, it's morning and still no call.

I find this "service" astonishing.

Success in business is as easy as doing what you say you will do.

Being very successful in business is as easy as doing more than what you say you will do, and doing it before you said you would get it done.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of people who take their customers for granted.

Let this be a lesson to all of us -- myself included -- to do self-checks to be sure we aren't screwing up.

Ao Akua,

Joseph Vitale
www.mrfire.com

PS - Last night's call on Invincible Marketing was truly powerful. You can access it at no cost from http://www.mrfire.com/a/invincible.html

PPS - The call on self-confidence was intense. You can hear it on my podcast (link on lower left). You can also grab a deal on my guest's products, at least until March 1, at www.amazingconfidence.com Go take a look.

PPPS - The kitty above is my buddy, Tiger. He's been with me about 15 years now. He doesn't like poor service, either. Which means I better go feed him right now...


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joe,

I can totally relate to your rant about customer service! It's one of my biggest pet peeves. Especially when you work for someone who has such poor service standards. Ugh... that's even worse.

I just have to say - your cat is adorable! (Hi, Tiger!)

We have two older cats as well. One is Mr. Footy - he has 6 toes on his front paws and he's a big ol' boy! He makes Garfield look wimpy! Mr. Footy just turned 13 the end of 2005. And our other cat, Rusty, will be 17 this Spring. She's deaf now and nearly blind but she can smell tuna and chicken a mile away!

Have a great weekend, Joe.

Annie Anderson
lsandrsn.blogspot.com

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.