Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

How Lindsay Lohan and I Discovered the Fountain of Youth, or, The Psychology of the Second Interest


Last night I dreamed I went on a quest into a dark jungle to find The Secret www.whatisthesecret.tv to health, wealth and happiness.

When I returned from my travels, glad to get to my tent, tired but excited by what I had dug up, famous singer/actress/model Lindsay Lohan was waiting for me.

I was a little surprised, but I just figured I attracted her. www.attractorfactor.com

After all, 7th Heaven actress Jessica Biel loves my book The Attractor Factor and actor James Caan accepted my book when he and I hung out together on the set of Las Vegas. http://www.mrfire.com/photogallery.html

So having Lindsay Lohan in my tent wasn't too surprising.

So I said hey.

She wanted to hear about my trip into the wilds. She seemed excited and fascinated, her hypnotic eyes locked on mine as I told her my tale.

I told her that weeks earlier I stumbled across a rare plant that could be turned into a tea that helped people start youthing rather than aging.

Despite her young age, and her wealth, and her fame, she was smart enough to know this could be a huge money-maker.

She wanted to know more.

I reached for my dirty burlap bag, and pulled out the root of the plant I had found.

She sensed this was something historic.

"This will help people lose weight and grow younger?" she asked.

"I'm sure of it," I said. "Look at me. Don't I look younger already?"

She stared at me as if I were a talking car, but she nodded.

"You look great!" she said.

Nothing like having a sexy movie star compliment you.

She added, "You won't even need to bribe people to buy this stuff like you did at www.themotherofallbribes.com."

"I'm not so sure," I told her. "People don't take action unless they are motivated to do so. An ethical bribe gets them to get off their butts. They may not even buy the Fountain of Youth in a bottle without some added incentive. We in marketing call it The Psychology of the Second Interest."

I explained to her that even though my latest book, Life's Missing Instruction Manual, is good for people, they won't buy it right now unless something extra moves them to do so.

That's why I'm offering more than $13,000 in bonuses when people get the book at www.lifesmissingmanual.com

And it's that very bribe that caused my book to rocket to #1 at Amazon and stay there for four days.

It's still a Top Bestseller right now.

Lindsay seemed impressed.

She moved closer to me.

I held my breath, not sure what she wanted.

"Joe, can I ask you a question?" she seductively whispered, almost like one of her songs on her new music CD www.lindsaylohanmusic.com.

"Ah....er...yes," I replied, stiffening.

I wasn't sure what she was going to ask.

Finally, she spoke:

"Can I go with you on your next trip into the jungle?"

Hmmm. Lindsay Lohan wants to put on a backpack and take a trip into the darkness of the forest with me.

What should I say?

I know what my beautiful Nerissa would want me to say.

That's about when I woke up.

If I were a student of Jung or Freud and better understood dream interpretation http://www.dreammoods.com/, I might know what this dream was really trying to tell me.

Do you have any idea?

Ao Akua,

Joe

www.mrfire.com

www.HypnoticMarketingInc.com

PS - Despite what you might be thinking about hypnotic stories and hypnotic language and other hypnotic secret things found in www.HypnoticWritingWizard.com, the above was a dream I really had last night. I'm not making it up. Really.

PPS - I wonder if Lindsay Lohan had the same dream? In one of her songs the lyrics could be speaking about me: "I can't live without you...Can't breathe without you...I dream about you..." http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/2144148763/Lindsay_Lohan/Over


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the "Lindsay Lohan" Google searches. This one seemed a little too blatant, but if it works, it works!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

James, a Google search was not my idea here AT ALL. It honestly never even occured to me to write it for that reason. After all, people who type in "Lindsay Lohan" aren't my potential customers.

If you read my post again, you'll see other reasons for the writing of it.

Besides, like I said in the post, I REALLY DID have that dream about her.

Joe

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Conceding that you really had the dream, there's still something about this post, and especially about its links, that seemed a little too fake and obvious. It made me think that your intention was to use this post as a lesson for a follow-up post. You also know that I know you have the power of "comment moderation," and that you could have censored my previous comment if what I said was inconvenient to your purposes. But the reality is, I played right into your hands then, and I'm playing into your hands now. I'm not challenging or debating you, Joe. I may be a neophyte, but I'm a fan, and I'll gladly play the foil if I can learn something for free. So here's my question: what did you intend to accomplish with this post?

4:02 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

What did I intend to accomplish?

First, I wanted to report on my dream, but do it in a spirit of playfulness. After all, a blog is personal and can be used for anything. This is an example of "Beyond" Marketing. It's a day (or night) in the life of Joe.

Second, I of course added links to the blog that weren't in the dream, simply as a service to all those readers who would be curious for more information. That, too, is the nature of a blog, as I see it. It's an information source. If those links mean search engines log me sooner, all the better, but that wasn't the main intent.

Third, I wanted to teach something. Since the title of the post has the phrase "The Psychology of the Second Interest" in it, maybe a few people will read it for one reason, but end up buying something from me for another. With that in mind, the post itself is an example of the very principle it describes.

In short, this was done in fun with an eye towards being sure it reminded people I had a book promotion going on.

And thus ends the lesson for today.

Joe

6:41 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Joe,

Not sure which was more hypnotic...
your words or the picture! ;-)

Thanks for the marketing lessons too!

rick
tlcit.blogspot.com

9:02 AM  
Blogger Alleyman said...

The more I read your posts, Joe, the more I understand your inclusion in The Secret. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of the DVD any day. I'm a big believer in the powers of positive thought processes and the potential rewards.

As for the dream, does the sub-conscious choose it's path of revelation or do we just get to rewind the tape to a point of interest? My dreams are often linked to the final conscious thoughts of the day, be they a t.v. program or a book I may be reading. Or maybe just a provoking conversation I had earlier in the day. Whatever shakes our emotional tree usually rises to the surface in sub-conscious contemplation while at rest. Other times it can be simply flights of fancy.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.