Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

How to Create a #1 Bestseller While a Hippo Eats a Dwarf


My latest book, Life's Missing Instruction Manual, shot up the Amazon bestseller list within hours yesterday -- despite some unexpected bumps in the road. For example --

We offered an "ethical bribe" to get people to buy my new book. We sent them to www.themotherofallbribes.com where the offer is explained.

Basically, get a copy of my new book and you'll get 59 original bonuses - worth over $13,500.

Good deal, right?

The thing is, my web guy didn't finish the site. He had the landing page done at www.themotherofallbribes.com but he didn't finish the download page. He was struggling with personal issues and gave up and quit. He left me an email saying he'd talk to me in a few days.

Days?

My promotions were in full swing. I couldn't turn them off. Yet the download page where people collected their bonuses wasn't ready. They would buy books, go to collect their bonuses, and see -- nothing.

I started to panic.

About then I received an email from Mark Joyner, Internet legend and dear friend. It was 2 AM in New Zealand, where he lives now, but he just "happened" to be online.

He said some wise words about how people will forgive me and how there is always a way to turn any negative into something good.

I felt better.

We then exchanged a fury of emails as we searched for a solution to the download page.

But then my computer died.

My main pc, the life blood to my business, just quit.

And this is all while I'm doing radio shows and answering emails and otherwise working on my book promotion.

What would you have done in this situation?

(Well?)

I took a breath and decided to get centered.

Since I had just spent several days with Dr. Len, learning his updated ho'oponopono Hawaiian method for healing, I decided to practice it.

I kept thinking of my web guy and how I wanted to send the police to his door.

But then I thought of how he and I are connected and how I have to take total responsibility for his and my actions.

This is not easy.

Blame is far easier.

But total responsibility is the door to freedom.

I then asked for forgiveness and sent my request within myself to the Divine (whatever you want to call that force bigger than all of us).

I did this for twenty minutes.

I kept saying "I love you" and "I forgive you" to the world, not to myself or even to my web guy, but as a general tonic to all that is.

I ended up feeling total peace.

When I checked my email (on my Blackberry phone) there was a message from my web guy.

I thought he was out of action for days?

He apologized, said he was back on his feet, owed me his life, and would work to get the site at www.themotherofallbribes.com done.

What a relief.

Oh. My book hit #1 on the Amazon bestseller list last night and is still there today.

This is the fastest I've seen any book become a bestseller on Amazon.

We even nudged Wayne Dyer off the throne.

And left Harry Potter in the dust.

And my book hit #1 at Barnes and Noble online, as well.

But this opera ain't over.

You've seen nothing yet.

Stay tuned.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - I am reading a riveting book about all the modern day hoaxes online and off. This thing is eye-opening. It blows the whistle on "facts" you accepted as true, and makes you wary of everything brought to you by the media or an email. Covers eBay auctions, ads, politics, food, birth, death and more. Get this book. Get it! It's Hippo Eats Dwarf by Alex Boese, who also wrote The Museum of Hoaxes. See www.museumofhoaxes.com and www.hippoeatsdwarf.com I'm hoping my Great Lotto Hoax, reported on this blog yesterday, will make it into the next edition of one of Boese's books. Or maybe I shouldn't wish for that...

PPS -- Thanks to my friend Bill Hibbler for sending me the screen capture above. Bill and I are coauthors of a book you'll want. But beg all you like, I'm not telling you what it is -- yet.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe Vitale said...

David, you're absolutely right, and that's why this was planned MONTHS in advance.

But surely you know the best made plans are made a joke by Murphy's Law.

Who would have known the key guy in this plan had a family problem two weeks ago and didn't finish the site and didn't tell anyone until the day of the launch?

Who would have known my PC would suddenly and unexpectedly DIE on the very day of the launch?

Again, planning is one thing, living is another. Even when you think it's all done, along comes something no one expected and BAM,
you're nailed.

The point of my blog entry is to go with the flow, turn it all into something good, and learn.

There is no "easy way" to prevent such problems because there is no way to know what all the problems might be until you actually launch.

Thanks for the well-meant comment.

Joe

1:03 PM  
Blogger Joyce McKee said...

Once again you are a shining example to all of us. The Universe took care of you, as it will take care of me. I am looking forward to reading the book and buyibg more copies for family and friends!!

Joyce McKee

PS I bought the book for YOU, not all the free material. But I am sure I will learn some important lessons from the bonuses.

6:26 PM  
Blogger LoudMac said...

Congratulation on the book launch, Joe.

I appreciate your honesty and openness about the whole ordeal. Frankly, I appreciate the way you "let it all hang out" in general. I'm certain that your personal demeanor is inspiring to many simply because they can relate to you as an individual. That's a simple, yet profound lesson right there...

It's also great to see Mark Joyner's name resurface in a different context than a hushed reverence for past glory. Another Miami guy made good! Too bad I never got the chance to meet him down here before he cashed out and moved to the most gorgeous place on earth!

I got a whole lot out of the ECode book. It was that book that turned me on to Mark and Perry Marshall and Jim Edwards and so many other super knowledgable "power hitters".

I wish you great success!

Brian McLeod
Miami, Florida
www.loudmac.com
www.pisces.com

11:37 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi Heather! A lot of things exist because people un-consciously attract them.

So many people believe in Murphy's Law that it's a "solid" thought-form out there. And many use it as something to blame for their own poor results at intentional creation. We're all learning. Me, too.

Truth is, we don't control it all. As Dr. Len says, you have choice, but not control.

The goal is to turn all that happens into something positive while realizing that what we thought was negative, was actually positive to begin with.

Ah, life!

Joe
www.mrfire.com

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.