Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

How to Lose Weight the Celebrity Way

People still keep asking me how I lost 80 pounds and became the Charles Atlas of the Internet. I'm going to release my secret method for achieving health and fitness later in the year. For now, I can give you some clues based on what movie stars have done to gain weight.

Sly Stallone packed on weight for the movie Cop Land by not working-out and by eating pancakes every morning at Denny's.

Robert De Niro added 40 pounds for the movie Raging Bull by not working-out and eating pasta every day.

For the new movie Find Me Guilty, Vin Diesel added 35 pounds to his normally athletic frame by skipping working-out and eating a quart of ice cream every day.

Need I say more?

Don't exercise and eat pastas, breads and creams and you'll gain weight.

By the same token, start working-out and avoid the stuff Sumo wrestlers eat (beer, pasta, cream and breads) and you'll start to lose weight and get fit.

Consider: Each of the above actors gained the extra weight for their movie roles, but they also took it off after the final shoot.

What do you think they did to get back in shape again?

Let me give you a clue:

When I was in LA to train with T .R. Goodman www.procampsports.com, I met actors Ray Liotta and James Caan. Both men are in great shape.

Gee, I wonder why.

Liotta was doing sit-ups on a big rubber ball when he stopped to shake my hand.

James Caan had just finished working-out when he playfully gave me a hard time about the Muscle Milk www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/milk.html I was drinking and jokingly said he wanted paid to have my picture taken with him. (He was very friendly and even gave me a private tour of the TV set for Las Vegas.)

Where did I meet both?

In the gym.

Need I say more?

Maybe I do...

I know you may not want to work-out.

The thing is, you don't have to want to, you just have to do it.

There are plenty of days when I would rather not exercise.

I exercise anyway.

Whatever you may think about Nike, they have it right when they boldly state...

Just Do It.

Note: This goes for your marketing, as well.

Quit avoiding; start doing.

Just Do It.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Lindsay Lohan probably has something to say about losing weight, too. I'll ask her when she calls me. Meanwhile, see http://mrfire.blogspot.com/2005/11/why-lindsay-lohan-wants-me-bad-or-how.html


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Joe,
Do you have an RSS link so that your blog can be added to my other feeds in my Rss reader app?

I realize you do have an email update, but many people already get slaughtered as it is, by email, so I'm trying to avoid that route.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Steve, I believe you can add this to your RSS:

http://mrfire.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Joe

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.