Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

How to hit Alexa's Top 10 list

I almost never look at my Alexa rankings -- I'm too busy creating and promoting my sites to worry about how they are ranked -- but a subscriber to my ezine at www.mrfire.com just told me I am in the Top 10 of all the "movers and shakers" sites in the world right now. He sent me this link -

http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/movers_shakers?lang=en

The #1 top site is the movie The Secret www.whatisthesecret.tv which of course I'm in and highly endorse.

The #10 site is for my Hypnotic Library www.hypnoticlibrary.com/secret.o/10386 which has my now famous before and after pictures at the top of it.

Why are these sites in the top 10 of the movers and shakers at Alexa?

The Secret has been promoted with a hypnotic teaser for months. The buzz for it is off the charts. And every teacher in it - from me to Esther Hicks and Bob Proctor and a long list of other authors and teachers - are promoting the site. The marketing is working and the viral marketing aspect is alive and well.

Hypnotic Library has been heavily promoted to my list as well as a few others, but that can't by itself explain why it hit the Top 10 Alexa movers list. I can't help but wonder if my before-after weight-loss pictures are the draw. From a viral marketing standpoint, everyone wants to see those pictures. And all who do, tell others. Pictures can be very hypnotic and are an overlooked tool by copywriters.

In both cases, non-paid marketers are making the sites popular.

In other words, fans of The Secret are spreading the word about it.

Fans of my before-after pictures are spreading the word about Hypnotic Library.

Whenever you can get people talking about your site, you'll see action.

And it might one day lead to the Alexa Top 10 movers and shakers list.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- Nerissa www.thevideoqueen.com opened up a cool Cafe Press store for me. Go take a look at www.cafepress.com/drjoevitale/ You'll probably be seeing superstars wearing clothes from that store - maybe even Lindsay Lohan.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.