Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, August 07, 2006

What I'm Reading

Right now I'm busy preparing to go to the world's largest convention for hypnotists later this week. I'm a speaker there, and Nerissa and I will have a booth, too.

Even with all the stress of preparing for that annual trip up north, I have two new books coming out within weeks (circle August 22th on your calendar), and I just completed writing my next book.

Before I turn it in to the publisher and leave for a long awaited vacation to an island in the Pacific, I'll begin my next book after that.

And on top of all that, there's the body and business contest Scott York and I just announced, the nutritional products I'm beginning to promote, and a TV show I'm planning to produce.

I also have two DVD projects near completion, that I can't wait to share with you.

And I'm currently in my fifth fitness contest, which is eating my lunch with intense workouts and strict dieting. But I'm eight weeks into it and there's no turning back.

Oh. And I just bought a new guitar, I'm practicing a new magic trick, and I'm shopping for a new Bentley (since I passed on James Caan's used one) and I'm writing blog posts, like this one, whenever I can.

But that's not all.

I still find time to read good books.

I'm a book addict.

I admit it.

I love them.

I buy them, collect them, and sometimes even read them.

Since you might be interested in what I'm reading right now, here you go:

What Happy Companies Know: How the New Science of Happiness Can Change Your Company for the Better by Dan Baker, Cathy Greenberg, and Collins Hemingway.

I love this book. It's inspiring. It focuses on what I've been saying for years: happy people tend to get more of what they want. They are more productive, prolific, and profitable. As The Attractor Factor states, the more you focus on the positive, the more positive things you create and attract. Amazingly enough, this whole book supports (but doesn't directly address) the premise in the news release I am sending out tomorrow: Happiness helps you lose weight. Get this book.

Go Big or Go Home: How the Next Generation of Startup Companies Think BIG, Grow FAST, and Dominate Markets Overnight by Wil Schroter.

I've only begun this book but I love the energy and passion and message in it. Schroter is getting me to think big and act quick. I've often said "Money likes speed," but this book takes it up a notch. The author urges you to look for the big painful problems that large groups of people share and then create solutions for them. He's got me thinking. I imagine you could read and re-read this one book all year, and every time create a new money-making profit center. Read it and dare something worthy. I am.

Six Blind Elephants: Understanding Ourselves and Each Other, two volumes, by Steve Andreas.

This two-volume set shares stories and techniques for helping yourself see how you look at your life through "scopes," a type of categorizing that determines what you see and how you feel. Change the scope and you change the experience. Andreas is an NLP pioneer. This set reveals numerous methods for shifting perception, many of them from the legendary change masters, such as Milton Erickson, Virginia Satir, and Richard Bandler. I found volume one harder to read and volume two more practical, but if I were you, I'd get both books. Read them and open your world to new possibilities. A wise, thoughtful, and often fun set of books. I think they'll be "scoped" as classics in the field of psychology by future generations. You can read excerpts at www.realpeoplepress.com/booklist/new.html

There's more, but that'll hold you for now.

The above books are all available from the king of bookstores: www.amazon.com

I better get back to my packing and preparing.

Gee, which book should I take on the plane?

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - When you come across a book that blows your hair sideways, be sure to tell me. Just post a comment here. Thank you.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.