Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Chasing Moments


I spent part of yesterday in San Antonio with a dear friend. We talked at length about life and spirituality.

I told him that most people are "out" of the moment.

They are looking for the next deal, next car, next house, next pay raise, next check...not realizing that the point of power, the true miracle, is right here.

The quest for the "stuff" is a grand illusion. There's nothing wrong with any of it, as long as you know it's part of the game of life.

But most people think it will bring lasting happiness. It won't. As soon as you achieve it or attract it, you'll desire something else.

You'll be chasing the next moment.

I told my friend about the Adam Sandler movie, Click. The essence of the movie is that Adam is trying to fast-forward through life. He does, too. But near the end he realizes he has missed out on life itself.

I do my best not to leave the moment. I still do, of course. I'm learning, too.

But I do my best to stay here, in this moment, knowing that as I do, the next moment takes care of itself. As long as I fully participate in this moment, the next ones are just as good and often incredibly better.

In fact, when you stay in the moment, you attract more of the good things in life and appreciate them longer.

The key is to be here now, with awareness and gratitude.

My friend said the message about being in the moment caused a shift in him.

I hope it does with you, as well.

This really is it.

Ao Akua,

Joe

PS - The picture is of me and my friend Cyndi Smasal, part of my Miracles Coaching program. She used to live near by, and is a treasure in my life. She stopped by this past weekend so we could spend a little time catching up.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Hollis said...

Coincidence? I think not...

Okay this morning I picked a page to read from "Ask and It Is Given" which focused on staying in the present. Then I grabbed a book I hadn't read in years called "Nothing" and began reading from a random page. The page I read talked about staying in the moment. It talked about a bird singing and how that bird doesn't have a goal, it simply sings out of its exuberance of life. Now Joe sends out this post talking about chasing moments. I think life is trying to tell me something.

This moment is very cool!

Cheers!

- Jim

5:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe, your thoughts in this post are good but you completely deny them by your own actions and teachings. Everything in The Secret was 100% counter to what you wrote here. It was all about how you needed to get a new car, bigger house, or something else outside yourself.

"Feeling good" in The Secret is only a means to a materialistic end.

Joe, I feel you are trying and searching but you still have missed the big elephant in your own living room.

When you truly dedicate your life to serving others, I'll count you as a "spiritual guru." But right now, you are still caught up in the materialistic game yourself. I hope you see the light soon...The Secret is out doing a heck of a lot of damage as it is.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi Stephanie.

Thank you for your comment.

I don't think you know me personally, let alone my work in various non-profit or contribution or service areas, so I'm surprised by your judgements of me.

And as for the "damage" the movie is doing, helping people get jobs when they had none, get healed when they were sick, get a car when they had none, become happy when they were depressed, all seem pretty wonderful to me.

As I said in my post, the spiritual is right there in the material. That doesn't mean focus on the material, but to see the essence of it.

"Feeling good" is indeed the secret. Even those who give their lives to others, such as mother teresa, did it because it made them FEEL GOOD.

You might want to read some of my books and get to know me and my work better.

You might also want to look for the sunshine in life.

Blessings,

joe

8:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe,

I know plenty of folks (personally) who are using The Secret as a means of avoiding dealing with their personal pain and deep psychological issues. They don't want to heal, they want to put a band-aid on things.

I am all for positive thinking. But I also think negative emotions should not be avoided or denied because they tell you something is wrong and needs to be healed or fixed.

So I'm sure some folks get some good results from The Secret but do they all? Hey, I'm open...do a study on it and prove it to me scientifically.

PS. I have more than enough sunshine...I live in sunny Southern California!!! :-)

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.