Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, March 23, 2007

"Change News"

Like you, I've often gotten bad news.

Something I wanted to happen didn't turn out the way I hoped.

Like you, I've been disappointed.

But I've learned that that "bad news" was often good news in disguise.

Something much better happened instead - often something I could never even imagine.

So I think we need a new phrase for "bad news."

I suggest Change News.

Change News can be our new code for something that didn't go as we planned but will mean a new, better direction; we just might not see where the new direction is taking us yet.

In other words, the next time some "bad news" comes your way, reframe it in your mind to be "change news."

Yes, you didn't get what you said you wanted, but maybe, just maybe, you're about to get something even better. You just have to wait out the change to see where it leads. The "bad" simply means "change."

To help you understand this, here's what I wrote in The Attractor Factor:

I remember reading a helpful passage in one of my favorite books, Breaking the Rules by Kurt Wright. It goes like this:

“Have you ever noticed how easy it is to look back on events that happened a year or more in the past and see the perfection in them? For most of us this is true even for situations which seemed tragic, horrible or even devastating at the time. Now, if it is possible to see the perfection in those things a year later, doesn’t it make sense that the perfection must be there in the moment it happens, too?”

Wow! What a freeing statement! It causes you to look for the positive in everything, and to look for it right now.
Look for the positive in the negative -- or at least trust there will be a positive in the "negative" -- and you change bad news to change news.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommahawk said...

Love it! And as uncomfortable as change may seems, change = growth...
M. Scott Peck, author of The Road Less Traveled said it well,

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.

blessings!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Believing In Miracles said...

Since I have read The Attractor Factor, I tend to look at things that seem "bad" or "uncomfortable" as something that needs to happen in order for me to: "get what I really want." I am grateful that I can now see beyond the moment and look toward where I really want to be. - Thanks Joe for your help in clearing a path for greater thing for me!
Kim

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.