Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

At the Airport

I'm sitting in the Phoenix airport waiting for my flight home. The place is packed to the nth degree. Where are all these people going?

Moments ago a fellow spotted me and came to say hi. He's been on my email list for years. I met him, his wife, their son, and their dog.

The other night I met George Forman. The line to meet him was far longer than the one to meet me. I was in his line too. I'll tell you what he and I talked about on another post.

My talk yesterday went well. I was stunned that most of the audience had not heard of the movie The Secret. Talk about proof that you must keep marketing and never stop. Even after two Oprah shows and three Larry King shows, a large even gigantic part of the world still doesn't know what the fuss is all about.

You must keep marketing.

While it's flattering that someone recognized me here at the airport, by far most of the people here never heard of me.

Just now my celebrity spotting friend came back and asked to have a picture with me. He runs www.pettech.net.



We all must keep marketing.

Ao Akua
Joe

www.mrfire.com



** Sent via Wireless E-Mail with Blackberry **
(I could be anywhere) :)


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I am a pretty rememberable person. And being a former journalist turned PR pro helps out -- I get around quite alot. Or, at least I used to until I undertook graduate school.

Nonetheless, a former college girlfriend of mine and I took a road trip far away from where, we thought, I'd know anyone.

Not so. In a small town in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains at a small diner, in an even smaller town, I ran into a fellow reporter friend of mine.

My former girlfriend just rolled her eyes and launghed. We were discussing marriage, and I remember her saying. "I guess if I'm going to marry you, I'd better get use to the spotlight."

We never married, but my current wife has witnessed the same thing.

Remember, Joe, I've put The Secret and The Law of Attraction to work for me. See my blog at spinmakeover.blogspot.com

I'm certain that my order on the universe will be fulfilled.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Paula Kirsch said...

Hi Joe,
I have been selling advertising of one kind or another for longer than I care to remember, and I love your story here! There is so much clutter in the marketplace and our lives are so busy that your really do have to advertise a lot to make yourself known! When I first heard of The Secret (it took me until Nov. '06, and I'm "normally" tuned in to that kind of thing)I thought I must have had my head buried in the sand to not be aware of this movie! Look at the marketing and PR... You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much advertising!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Author said...

I agree that we all need to carry on marketing. Here in South Africa we have huge tasks to accomplish. There are millions of people who need to learn the Law of Attraction to improve their lives. For the average South African it is really expensive to buy the Secret DVD here, so I have been showing my friends just as a start. Lisa Nichols is coming to SA in May... When are you coming?

Grant
http://million-dollar-project.blogspot.com

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Look, I guess my inner vibrations need a little tweaking because part of my order on the universe was to meet you in three days from last Sunday.

Why hasn't the universe delivered? Why haven't we me yet? I had to eat lunch alone this afternoon.

Would have been nice to share marketing and PR stories with you.

Check out my blog,

www.spinmakeover.blogspot.com

11:24 AM  
Blogger sexyguitar said...

Dear Joe;

as you know I' m just starting to promote my new CD Feels So Good.
When I read your statement: '....by far most of the people here never heard of me', I realized how much still needs to be done. And no matter how much I can do on my own, I need leverage. Otherwise it' s impossible to succeed.
So now I 'm looking for ways to multiply the effectivity of my actions.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.