Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, May 21, 2007

"Sasuske"

I don't watch sports at all.

No football.

Basketball.

Baseball.

Wrestling.

Not even boxing, though I thought I was going to be world heavyweight boxing champion back in the early 1970s. (For real.)

Today I couldn't tell you the name of the current heavyweight champion.

But all this non-sports watching changed a few weeks ago when I discovered the most exciting athletic competition ever seen on television.

I'm talking about Ninja Warrior.

I stumbled across this wild game show one night while flipping through channels, waiting for Jon Stewart's The Daily Show to come on.

As soon as I saw these Japanese athletes run through the most bizarre and demanding obstacle course ever created by madmen (or madwomen), with a clock ticking away and an audience cheering them on, I was hooked.

Even Nerissa - another non-sports watcher - got caught up with the Ninja Warriors.

At times I found myself holding my breath, wondering if a competitor would make it across a trippy obstacle. (Most don't.)

At other times I actually spoke to the TV, urging the people in Japan to make it across the mind-boggling obstacles.

You've GOT to see this show to believe it.

I find it inspiring. This morning after I worked-out, I looked at my 15 ft climbing rope and said, "If a Ninja Warrior can do the incredible feats they do, I can go up a frickin rope!"

I then went up higher than EVER before.

Check out Ninja Warrior at www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.html

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Ninja Warrior is called "Sasuske" in Japan. Talk about stretching limits and doing the impossible. What will they try next?


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joe,
I bet you got that climbing rope from my friend John Wood over at Functionalhandstrenght.com

http://www.functionalhandstrength.com/rope_climbing.html

I'm tempted to get one too... but the closest Oak tree is in a "common area" of my Condo association.

In the meantime, it's training with straight Iron.

Glad to hear you're still working out!
Best regards,
David Rachford

11:08 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi David. I LOVE John Wood's stuff. He's more prolific than I am. And yes, I bought my rope from him. He's a good guy with good stuff. I'd like to see him on Ninja Warrior. Or you, for that matter.
joe :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Fad said...

Hi Joe, if you want to 'feel' like what it is to be the ONE, the Sources, the Divine, all that is, ie egoless.. I suggest you do a thing called "enlightentment intensives"

I did this at a spiritual retreat, and I now KNOW 100%, that we are all ONE, that I am YOU, that I AM all that is, that ONENESS is all there is.. look it up.. its a priceless experience..

10:40 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

You might want to read my forthcoming book, "Zero Limits." It will take you beyond where "you" think you are right now.
joe :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Fad said...

Thanks for the comment Joe, I am eagerly awaiting zero limits..

8:26 PM  
Blogger Fad said...

Thanks Joe, I am eagerly awaiting 'Zero Limits...

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.