Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Is this a beautiful hand-carved sculpture or Joe Vitale's head in wood?

Take a good look at the picture...

Is that a beautiful hand-carved wooden sculpture, or is it my profile?

I love creativity. You never know what someone is going to invent that the rest of us will rush to buy.

A while back I heard about a company that takes a photo of your head's profile and turns it into a wooden sculpture.

I thought it was a wild idea but I've always loved optical illusions (and wild ideas). Plus my parents had my baby shoes set in bronze back in 1954. I thought having my face set in wood in 2006 might be cool.

So I had Nerissa take a picture of my head from the side, and I sent it over to www.turnyourhead.com/

I had to let go and trust at that point, because I never heard from the company about my order until today -- when it arrived. That's a photo of it above.

It's the classic optical illusion: At first glance it looks like a vase. But relax your eyes and look a little longer and you begin to see the profile. (Hint: Look at the outline of the sculpture. The deepest part of the center of it is my nose. Yes, my nose.)

Once your brain sees both images, you'll easily see either one from that point forward.

Maybe marketing is like that.

Once you take on the eyes of a marketer, a new part of your brain awakens and you begin to see marketing opportunities everywhere.

The people at http://www.turnyourhead.com/ once saw wood. They now see ghostly profiles in wood. And most likely they are seeing lots of orders, as well.

Don't you love it?

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - A great way to begin to awaken your mind to marketing possibilities is by soaking up my Nightingale-Conant audioprogram, The Power of Outrageous Marketing. Search for it at www.nightingale.com It's been a popular educational and inspiring program for about seven years now. I'm proud of it, too. Hey, maybe I'll have it set in wood.

PPS - Grab your dog and listen up: I just read Cesar Millan's book, Cesar's Way: The Natural Everyday Guide to Understanding & Correcting Common Dog Problems. I love watching Cesar on his National Geographic Channel TV show, Dog Whisperer. This guy looks, acts and exudes pack leader behavior. No wonder all dogs fall in line whenever he appears. Even Hollywood stars are following him. He sends out an invisible message that he's the boss. I don't know if Cesar has read my book The Attractor Factor but he sure knows about the power of intention. His book, his show, and his message, are terrific. His site is www.cesar-millan.com/ or www.cesarmillaninc.com/ Go fetch it! Good girl!


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.