Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

How I Offered Houdini's Marketing Trick to a Priest from Downunder


This morning I met famous bodybuilder Lee Priest.

I didn't know what to expect. Guys like him used to beat me up in high school.

But I'm a new man these days. Today I know bodybuilders and fitness models, once worked out with classic bodybuilding legend Frank Zane www.FrankZane.com, met actors James Caan and Ray Liotta in gyms, and more.

Still, when I went into the gym today, knowing I was going to meet a modern day award-winning bodybuilder, an old part of me expected to be treated like the fat boy of long ago.

But that didn't happen.

Lee Priest is friendly, smart, clear eyed, clear headed and full of opinions, most of which show up raw and un-edited in his monthly DVD at www.bodybuildersreality.com

I gave him a copy of my book, The Attractor Factor www.AttractorFactor.com. He stood there in the gym and began to read it. I was impressed.

He asked me about my other books and asked me to bring him a copy of my recent book, Life's Missing Instruction Manual www.lifesmissingmanual.com. He said he likes inspirational works.

Later I followed him to a grand opening of a smoothie shop in Round Rock, Texas, beside a popular Gold's Gym. Again, he was warm and friendly, talking, joking, signing pictures, etc.

I couldn't help but notice he is covered with tattoos, including one on his face. I pointed to the inside of his forearm, where the space was available, and offered to pay him if he would tattoo my website www.mrfire.com there. He laughed but he may not have known that I'm serious.

I got the tattoo marketing idea from the great Houdini, who once hired seven bald men to write a letter each on their heads, and then bow together so people could see that the bald heads spelled H-O-U-D-I-N-I.

I think having my website as a tattoo on Lee's arm is a far better idea. Lee's picture is taken all the time, and he's in many fitness magazines, such as Muscular Development. That single ad-tattoo would get me a lot more mileage than Houdini's seven bald guys.

Anyway, check out Lee's monthly DVD membership site, run by our mutual friend Scott York, at www.BodyBuildersReality.com

It's like a reality TV show for fans of bodybuilders and bodybuilding.

The site itself is well done, and is worth a look. You can always learn something new about marketing by studying websites that sell.

Go see for yourself.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Heads up: I'm going to announce a new DVD of the month membership site of my own in a few days, aimed at anyone wanting to lose weight and get in shape while learning marketing. I think you'll like it. Stay tuned to this channel for further details.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.