Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, June 19, 2006

A New Way to Program Your Mind to Attract Money, or, Why I Was Upset about a Check I Received for $125,689.58

I just received a check in the mail for $125,689.58.

I didn't know what it was for.

It looked real.

I wanted it to be real.

But was it?

A letter with the check began, "The enclosed check is a real check. But you can't cash it or deposit it. It's non-negotiable."

Huh?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was instantly aggravated.

Why send me a check I can't use?

Why make it look real?

Why get me excited and then dash my hopes against the rocks?

I was all set to go buy my BMW Z4 M when I realized this check, which I thought was unexpected income, was a lie.

What a dirty trick.

I went back to the letter that came with the check. I read it. Turns out the woman who sent it created a service to do what she did to me: send real-looking fake checks to people, made out for colossal amounts.

Now why would anyone want to do that?

I looked at her site and figured it out.

You send yourself an authentic looking check, made out for a huge amount, to get yourself imagining what it would feel like to actually have a real one for that amount.

It's a new way to program your mind to attract money.

I started to get it.

This is a cool way to bring to life the fourth step in my book,The Attractor Factor.

And I liked the idea so much I went to the site www.getbigcheck.com/joevitale.html and ordered a tycoon sized check for myself and a surprise big check for Nerissa.

I'm going to put mine on the wall and look at it every day.

And one day soon, I'll receive a real, cashable version of the check.

After all, it all begins in your mind.

This is a way to embed your desire in your brain's control center.

Obviously, this service could be a terrific direct mail attention-getter, as well.

Imagine sending a prospect a large, real looking check, with their name on it, and then beginning your letter to them with something like, "Note the million dollar check attached to this letter. I'm writing with a million dollar idea for you..."

Get yourself a check.

Expect wealth.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- I still wonder if people who receive these checks unexpectedly will be excited or miffed. It's a little like telling them they won the lotto and then saying, "Ha! Got YOU!" I'll be curious to see how well received the checks are. But from a mental programming standpoint, I think getting a check for yourself and people you care about is a wise idea. Do it.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernest ODell said...

Hi Joe,

Well, I can certainly see the effects it would have on people to get a "check" like that in the mail.

I hope you received mine. It wasn't for no $125,689.58. Just a bit smaller: $50. But at least mine is real. :D

I remember getting those in the mail years ago. Seems like direct marketers have been using them for years. What a great idea!

I've also read your book, "The Attractor Factor", three times and used your formula and have a publisher for my book! Yay!

It works!

Ernest O'Dell
Blanco, TX

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.