Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How to Remove Buyer's Remorse, or, The Story of the Guitar that Sounds like a Piano


After finding $12,500.00 in an old Paypal account last week, I went on a spending spree.

I bought everything from a Bentley jacket (to start pretending I'm a Bentley GT owner) to a humidor (for my new hobby of cigar smoking) to a rare magic trick (which I can't wait to show you one day), to a gift of money for Nerissa, and more.

One of the other things I bought was a new guitar. I have several, but you can't have too many. If you play the guitar, you know what I mean.

This new guitar is an E-Z play guitar. It's designed to be, well, easier to play.

The website that describes it is written beautifully. They say:

EZ-Play™ Guitars are modified by Master Guitar Luthier Denny Zager to play easier than any other guitars made. The EZ-Play modification process involves:

Lowering the strings closer to the fret board so you no longer have to press hard to form chords.

Widening the stance of the strings so there is more space for your fingers, while keeping the neck shallow so its easy for all hand sizes.


Modifying the saddle, bridge, neck, nut and bracing in harmony to amplify the tone and resonance.

The result is a guitar that is 50% easier to play with a sound that competes with guitars costing 5 times the price.

Sounds good to me.

So I ordered one.

I was telling Pat O'Bryan about it today and he asked when he could see it. I told him I hadn't heard from the seller yet. Pat's eye-brows went up and I smelled his concern. Suddenly I started to feel buyer's remorse; that sinking feeling in your gut that says maybe you made a really bad decision.

I wrote to the seller and almost instantly got back an email. It had to be one of the most reassuring emails ever received after a sale. Not only did it confirm my order, but it included testimonials, which essentially made me feel excited all over again about my new guitar.

Here's part of the email:

Hi Joe,

We'll take care of you...no worries.

I'm showing you purchased your guitar Friday night and it went out Monday morning after Denny completed a final inspection.

Warmest regards,


Dennis Zager Jr.
http://www.zagerguitar.com/
Toll free 1-800-308-9731

Magazine reviews
http://zagerguitar.com/Index.cfm?event=public.feedback.review

Customer testimonials
http://zagerguitar.com/Index.cfm?event=public.feedback.testimonial

Ebay customer feedback
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?viewFeedback&userid=zager_ez-play_guitars

Try a guitar risk free
http://zagerguitar.com/Index.cfm?event=public.guitars.guarantee

Recent customer testimonial:
04-07-2006 Hello Dennis, I received your guitar today and what a great instrument it is! I really like it a lot. It almost sounds like a piano. Very crisp and articulate, perfectly in tune. A very musical guitar! I like the fact that it's light weight. The neck is very easy to play everywhere, I can bend the strings easily and there's no buzz at all! The sound is focused, full range, nice bottom, solid mids, rich and round highs. Plus, I think it looks awesome! Thank you so much, I really appreciate that guitar. Thank you again."
-- Andre Coutu, Lead guitarist for Celine Dion, Las Vegas, Nevada

More testimonials
http://zagerguitar.com/Index.cfm?event=public.feedback.testimonial

I'm impressed.

Most sellers would write and just say, "Got your order."

The Zagar Guitar people wrote a personal message, gave me the tracking number for the guitar, and added a lot of emotionally supportive links, including a testimonial from Celine Dion's lead guitarist!

I need to model this approach to doing business.

Maybe you do, too.

Now I'm really excited to get that guitar!

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - I leave for the hypnosis convention tomorrow. Unfortunately, that's the very day the guitar is supposed to arrive. I'll give you a report on it after the trip. Meanwhile, consider reassuring your customers with a thank you email that confirms their order, upsells them on more products, and soothes their concerns with some testimonials. It's e-z to do.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zach Even - Esh said...

Joe

how do you keep on creating product after product, reading countless books, and finding all the time to do this?

Oh, and how do you fit sleep into your schedule!?! ha ha

You've truly become a huge inspiration and influence to me. I'd love to hear more about your tips to organizing such a productive lifestyle which still allows you time to do anything and everything you want, when ever you want.

I just ordered both your books, 'Life's Missing Instruction Manual' & 'There's a Customer Born Every Minute'

Looking forward to getting my hands on them!

best,

zach even - esh :)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.