Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's the Secret to Legendary Customer Service?


What's the secret to customer service?

Simply stated, do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.

But what's the secret to legendary customer service?

I think it's this: do more than what you say you will do and do it sooner than you said you would do it.

Here are two examples of what I mean:

Story #1:

As you probably know, I ordered a Rolex. I was told it would arrive in three months. No problem. I had been warned it may take a long time, as the watches are handmade in Switzerland and there's a wild demand for them.

While I waited, the charming saleswoman sent me a packet of information about the Rolex.

And -- the watch arrived on Monday.

Three months early.

I wore it when I went to visit my Miracles Coaches that day.

Awe might describe their response.

The fact that I received the watch three months early made me happy, too.

Story #2:

The dealership handling Francine, my 2005 Panoz Esperante GTLM, called me Monday morning to say my car may not be ready for pickup on Tuesday.

That was bummer news. I'm headed out to be on the Larry King show, and wouldn't be able to pick up the car until next week if I didn't get it on Tuesday.

But I accepted the news and braced myself for the worst.

At 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, the dealership called and said my car was ready.

When I got there, they spent well over an hour talking to me about the car, giving me gifts, and congratulating me on ownership of this rare exotic car.

I drove Francine home the very same day.

In both of the above examples I was surprised with extra service and quicker turnaround than expected.

If you want your customers and clients to talk about you (in a good way), do more than what they expect, and do it sooner than they expect it.

More on this topic later.

Right now I've got a plane to catch.

Larry King is waiting for me.

Ao Akua,

Panoz Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Francine is LOUD. She's a barely street legal race car and she knows it. She wants me to know it, too. She roars in my ears as I drive. She gets attention. She wants attention. She DEMANDS attention. She has an attitude, too. She says my little BMW Z3 is a go-cart from Toys-R-Us compared to her race car engine power. As much as I love my Z3, I don't want to argue with Francine. I have a feeling she could run me over in under three seconds. What a woman, though. I think I'm in love.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

4 Comments:

Blogger harmoniconvergence said...

You know, I do think that miracles happen all the time, when we are open and acknowledging of the beauty and Grace that is woven through them.

Congratulations on your new "little piece of heaven" - Francine is quite a looker! :)

Best wishes to you for a great trip and fabulous interview with Larry King. I can see a sea of socks getting knocked off! And, I bet Lindsay Lohan will be watching. She may even mention this interview to Scarlett Johanssen and Katie Holmes!

Have fun!
Nancy

1:55 PM  
Blogger Goosh said...

My marketing teacher taught us this. She said :

"Under-promise and Over-deliver."

Peace

Koorosh

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished I could be in Miracles Coaches and A true confession.

Joe always inspires me by his charisma, and few times I even envy for his miraculous marketing expertise. Just few days back I applied for your Miracles Coaches.
I received a call from your team, and I was provided with the details. The course is good and thought provoking. I wished I could join.
I am from India and here middle class person’s annual income is $5000. According to me in U.S avg person’s monthly income is $10000. So there’s a big difference in our spending capabilities.
More India is an expensive place to have luxuries like big cars.
For example a Toyota Camary which costs between$15000-$20000, in India it costs $50000.
Joe the day I bought Hypnotic Selling Secrets with time I have seen changes in my approach towards my Business and my Life. Thank you for that wonderful package. You are The ONE who actually put me into right track of Internet Marketing.
I am working with my small team and I just wish I would be able to get into your personal coaching really soon.

P.S- One of the things You have put me into Using.

P.P.S- I wish to be part of your personal Training.

P.P.P.S-And I even learned from you that do the best and most appropriate to get things you wish. To get all what you ever wished, do things what it takes to achieve them.

From –Divya

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made a comment and just forgot put an important part for which I was putting that comment. OOPPS!
Its about the customer service I got from miraclescoaching.com.

Cause of the reasons I mentioned I had to say no to the program heavy heartedly. But the person from your side was so nice to tell me to save his telephone no. And contact me for any assistance. This was really a nice gesture as well great part in understanding your customer. He also assured me that he would help in providing coaching in future whenever I make my mind. This he did without putting any sort pressure or Act now tactics, which most other marketers do.
This was in total flow of what Joe tell his students for not manipulating your prospects.

You people are great in your work. Thanks for being so Wonderful and Great.
-Saurabh with Divya.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.