Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Awake in the Dark


The power went out this morning.

All the snow and ice has taken its toll here in Central Texas.

A winter storm here sends everyone into a panic. No one knows how to drive in snow or ice. Cities don't have sand to throw on the roads. Banks, mail, Fed-X, UPS and others are closed. Up North most people know what to do when winter hits.

Not here.

The electric company is much the same. They aren't prepared for snow and ice. So it's not any real surprise that the power went out.

I walked around with a flashlight in the dark house this morning, feeling the cold, missing my coffee, and being sure everyone was okay. I tried to call the power company but their phone lines were overloaded with other callers reporting their own blackouts.

I decided the wisest thing for me to do was to go back to bed.

As I lay there, I mentally chanted the ho'oponopono process I learned from Dr. Hew Len and explain in our forthcoming book, Zero Limits.

I simply kept saying, "I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me" and "thank you."

This went on for maybe ten minutes.

As I kept repeating the phrases, I started wondering what I was doing it for.

Was I trying to turn the power back on?

If so, wasn't that over-ruling the Divine, which may have turned it off in the first place?

I decided what I was doing was cleaning myself of anything in me not accepting the truth of the situation: the power was off, the room was dark and cold, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was doing the cleansing method to get to a place of peace. I wasn't trying to beg the Divine for anything, though I was aware that I'd prefer to have the power on. What I was doing instead was releasing the interference within me that might stop me from enjoying the moment.

So I kept silently chanting.

And the power came back on.

It would have come back on sooner or later, anyway, of course.

But by spending my time getting to inner peace, I was nice and warm inside.

All is well.

Ao Akua,

Joe

PS - Some enterprising soul put the above T-shirt on eBay this morning. Smart move. I instantly bought it. I'm a Panoz owner and Francine says to wear the T-shirt with pride. Of course, on cold days like today, it'd be wiser to wear a sweatshirt.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger merlyn said...

As someone who grew up in a place where winter storms and power outages were normal i can offer a small piece of advice. Light a candle, preferably in a covered candle holder) the light warms, the flame warms and it isn't dark any more.

We ( husband and I ) watched the secret the other night and it resonated with how we generally live our lives. I have always been aware of the sublte movement of thought but it was so good to have it reinforced once again, just when i have been having a difficult time, something comes along to remind me I am neither alone, nor bad off.

Light a candle, some where out there someone else is doing the same thing, all that light and warmth can only be good!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.