Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Blowing the Whistle on "24"

I'm about to reveal the truth behind the hit TV series 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer.

I know where the show is going, and if you're a fan, this news may come as a shock to you.

On the other hand, this insight might make the show far more entertaining to you.

Still with me?

Here's the deal:

I've been a fan -- no, an addict -- of 24 since it came out about six years ago. I watched every episode, sometimes holding my breath for nearly a minute as I wondered if a character would live or die. Most of the characters - except Jack Bauer -- die, of course.

And that's a clue.

I've even rearranged my schedule so I didn't do teleseminars or speaking engagements on the nights 24 aired. This was a dumb thing to do from a business standpoint -- after all, we do have Tivo -- but I wanted to see the shows "real time."

I've also collected all the DVDs, the books, and anything directly related to the show. I've felt the show is the most dramatic thing on television in maybe forty years, harking back to the 1960s with the addictive TV show The Fugitive starring David Janssen.

24 is far better, far more intense, and far more gruesome.

And that's another clue.

So, what's my big discovery?

In nearly every episode Jack Bauer demonstrates almost superhuman powers. He never stops to pee, drives through a fast food joint to keep his blood sugar level, or takes a nap.

Yet he gets in car accidents, plane accidents, and is repeatedly tortured, and he still walks away.

Now, this is curious.

I just had surgery. The doctor removed my appendix. All things considered, it's a relatively minor thing. Still, I couldn't walk after surgery and can barely move around now, three days later.

When Nerissa came to get me at the hospital, it took me forever to bend into her car.

So if Jack is getting beat up and tortured weekly, he must not be human.

And that's the secret.

Jack Bauer is not human.

I predict that the show will eventually reveal him to be a government cyborg or some sort of advanced Artificial Intelligence Robot.

He might even turn out to be from another planet, but let's stay "real" here.

You heard it here first.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- Truth is, installing violent images of mass destruction in your head is not healthy from a metaphysical view. If you can watch it for entertainment alone, fine. But 24 is designed to dig into your gut. So I'd say it would be hard to resist their programming. Unless, of course, you're a government cyborg like Jack Bauer.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

5 Comments:

Blogger CHOPS said...

Hi Joe,

While I agree that "24" is an intense TV program, when I saw that the detonation of a nuclear device was the feature incident a couple of weeks ago, I was pretty dismayed. Have we gotten so numbed to the hundreds of gunshot murders nightly that now we must fill our minds with an even higher level of violence?

The 64 Days of Non-violence started this week, and I was thinking, I would just not watch any TV with something violent in it. My choices are either Network TV or my Showtime package. It was no surprise to see that 80-90% of all shows and movies involved violence after about 8 p.m.

That seems to be a lot, and while my reaction to it is becoming jaded, the idea of a nuclear detonation over LA seems over the top. If we are going to "see" that on TV, maybe we should also "see" the damage and destruction that would also accompany it, just as a reminder of how horrible it would be to happen.

When these things are in our mind and in our awareness, are they that far off from occurring?

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better soon and wish you a good healing process. I've tried to stay in touch with you the past two years, but can't seem to get through via email anymore. I think it would be nice to maintain our friendship, as I am right with you on Dr. Len and other conscious stuff.

And I've also found a much easier way to bring PT to life with the Live Animation, if you are interested.

Take care,
Gary Jesch

11:17 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi Gary! Good to hear from you again. I often wondered what happened to you. My direct email is joe@mrfire.com You'll have to be approved when you try to write me, but I'll tell Suzanne to let you in. :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jon Mills said...

Have you seen " Prison Break "? that thing leaves you hanging ever frigging week.. that and heroes.. only 2 shows I watch.

I like the tag line for heroes..

Ordinary people doing extraordinary things!

By the way.. that book called " The Divine Matrix " is making my head spin!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi Joe,

So would you say that "24" was HYPNOTIC?

(couldn't resist -- guess what book I'm reading right now....)

Diane Bauer

11:14 AM  
Blogger ehanson said...

Hi Joe,

Another 24 fan here.

I knew there was something about Jack I couldn't quite put my finger on. :)

Last week's episode had an interesting plot twist, talk about sibling rivalry. It will be interesting to see what happens this week.

Healing thoughts,
Elliot Hanson

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.