Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Prank the Monkey

Since I've spent this week recovering from surgery, I'm not doing much but -

* enjoy the pain-numbing narcotics giving me Twilight Zone-like glimpses into life (I've had some doozies),

* channel-jump on the TV,

* write a blog post here,

* peck away at a few e-mails, and/or

* read books.

Ah. Reading books. My favorite addiction.

Right now I am surrounded by maybe 150 books. I feel safely walled in from the world. Out of all of these paper bricks of wisdom, one of them has stood out above all the rest.

The book Prank the Monkey by Sir John Hargrave is causing me to need more pain medicine. Every time I read it I start laughing, which causes my stomach to tighten, which causes me to grimace. It's a love-hate thing. Laughter is good. Pain is bad. The balance is sweet.

Hargrave's book is well written, lively, fun and insightful. He's a very human prankster who dares to poke holes at society's weak spots by pulling fairly mild hoaxes.

His targets are the biggies who get too big to remember being small: Wal-Mart, Starbucks, celebrities, and of course government.

The book is subtitled "The ZUG Book of Pranks." It's based on a site I'm now getting to know over at http://www.zug.com/

Since I'm a disciple of P.T. Barnum, and of course wrote a book about Barnum and other hoaxers in There's A Customer Born Every Minute, I love this book. It's in the spirit of Alan Abel and the audacious people who aren't afraid to show us our vulnerabilities in a playful way.

One of the things I love about Hargrave's book is his humanness. He admits to being nervous when he pulls pranks.

I know the feeling.

When I hired Alan Abel to pull The Great Lotto Hoax (soon to be a movie) to help promote my book, The Attractor Factor, last February, I had several sweaty, sleepless nights full of fear. What if this doesn't work? What if it back-fires? What if -- fill in the bank with any fear you like.

Hargrave is afraid, too, but believes in his mission and goes forth, anyway.

I'm glad he did and does.

Except for convulsions of belly-laughter while reading Prank the Monkey -- which in my case is uncomfortable -- it's a healing book.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - Mark your calendar: Oprah will air her special on The Secret movie this coming Thursday, Feb. 8 th. I'm not on it - I was on my back in a hospital when it was filmed - but my friends Jack Canfield and James Ray are. Watch it. I bet this show sends the message of The Secret across the planet in a way never seen before. Tell friends. Tune in. Note: This is not a prank.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

5 Comments:

Blogger Benoit Emile Michaud said...

For a good laugh, make sure you read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" (yeah, trilogy in five books...). It's both thought provoking and entertaining!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi Joe,

I'm glad you're able to keep in touch during your recovery. Take it easy on those narcotics. ;-)

Have a great day!!

Roxanne Green
Be A Mentor With A Servant's Heart!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Krystalya Marie' said...

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear you are laughing (even though it's painful) and have such a great attitude
about this bump in the road - called 'appendix surgery'. When you are ready to ease up on the narcotics -I'd be happy to send you a pain relief symbol that does the work energetically.

Have an awesome day!

Love, Light & Laughter,

Krystalya Marie'
Sacred Geometry for Energy & Healing

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Joe!
Get well soon! :)

Live life health!

Cheers,
Joan Wu

7:44 PM  
Blogger MissM@c LifeStylezz Blog said...

You are Already Forgiven! The Universe has already Forgiven you the minute you thought about it.. I love to see you covering this insight because these are precisely that particular obstacles one faces through daily life, when one is not consciouss enough to change their Reality! Thanks for being a part of my reality,

With Love from the Netherlands,
Hilde M.Makkinje
MissM@c LifeStylezz Inc.
http://positiveworldspiritualmarketing.blogspot.com
http://successisnorocketscience.blogspot.com
http://aglocointernational.blogspot.com

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.