Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Serving Love


I love gadgets.

The smaller, the better.

The more powerful, the better.

The more unique, the better.

When my four-year-old Fujitsu Lifebook started to get too sluggish, I started thinking about a new one.

I love my Blackberry 8700C for getting email and answering phone calls, but trying to view web sites on it requires a microscope. I wanted one of those new ultra-light warp-speed too-cool "laptops" to carry on planes and use out by the pool.

I looked at the new 0q0 long and hard. It's under one pound and does everything but transport me from here to your house. But the website is poorly done, the model is back ordered for almost three months, and the device isn't much bigger than my Blackberry, anyway.

I then considered the new Fujitsu Lifebook P1610. It's about 2 pounds and can come as a double-duty tablet screen PC as well as a regular screen Windows unit.

I also knew there are lots of other makes and models out there. Trying to decide which one to get for me was getting confusing.

I bought a few gadget magazines.

I poked around online doing research.

I even went into a retail computer store, which amazingly didn't have a single ultra-light to show me.

"They're all on our site," the clerk told me.

Yea, but I'm in your store, I thought, and I have money in my pocket to spend right now.

So I wrote to Fujitsu and asked them which model they would recommend from their giant catalog of products.

I also wrote to Dynamism, a popular gadget site that's been around for nine years. They specialize in selling Japanese products to the US market. I wanted to know what model they would suggest, too.

Fujitsu never replied.

That was over a week go and they still haven't replied. Very disappointing. I was a Fujitsu customer and was all set to be one again. But they ignored me.

Dynamism wrote back quickly.

They suggested the Panasonic R6. It's 2 pounds and has an 8 hour battery life.

I bought it.

It arrived yesterday. I had some questions about operating it, so I called Dynamism. They answered the phone every time. There was never a wait. Never put on hold.

And when I asked one tech guy there if I could ask a few more questions, he laughed and said, "You can ask me anything you like. I'm here for you."

Last night Nerissa and I went out with our friend Mark Ryan. The Mississippi waitress who took care of us had off the charts high energy, Southern charm, and a smile that made my heart sing. We loved her and her spirit.

When we asked her what kept her so happy while she served people, she said, "I'm trying to make a small difference in people's lives."

She ended up sitting with us at our table, after dinner, and talking to us for almost an hour.

That's service.

That's love.

And whether it's from a computer store or a waitress, we all want it.

Are you giving it?

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- The picture above shows my new R6 along with a paperback book, a box of cigars, my Blackberry, the new Humbug DVD, and a can of soda. I don't carry all of that around, of course. It's simply there to give you perspective.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joe..you serve love everytime you post.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Wow. Talk about making my day. Thank you. :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Boldwinner said...

Joe... You attract people who serve with love, integrity, sincerity, and commitment because that is what your beingness is sooooooooo full of. I just purchased "Buying Trances" and am eager to read what you have to say because of how you operate.

6:02 PM  
Blogger doug said...

Joe . . .

Stop folling arounfd with these heartbreaking PC's and get a mac.

Your life will explode with happiness!

http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html

doug

6:37 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

I'd get one if I ever saw one that I liked. The owners of them seem to be a cult. They rave about their macs but when I look at the machines, they aren't very cool. My PCs and laptops are not heartbreakers at all, but thanks for the vote.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JOE, Speaking of Serving Love - and Gadgets - If you still have a bunch of cats, and you don't have a litter-robot, you must get one of these:

http://www.litter-robot.com/features/demonstration.aspx

At first, I was hesitant to plunk down $300 for a "cat-box" - but it's as much a "cat-box" as your beloved Francine is a "car".

This product saved my marriage.

David Rachford, CPA and and YourBusinessBody.com competitor

http://www.cpamarketingcenter.com/blog/

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JOE, Speaking of Serving Love - and Gadgets - If you still have a bunch of cats, and you don't have a litter-robot, you must get one of these:

http://www.litter-robot.com/features/demonstration.aspx

At first, I was hesitant to plunk down $300 for a "cat-box" - but it's as much a "cat-box" as your beloved Francine is a "car".

This product saved my marriage.

David Rachford, CPA and and YourBusinessBody.com competitor

http://www.cpamarketingcenter.com/blog/

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sully said...

Joe -

First, I'm very glad to see that you're getting over your surgery and back out there doing what you love!

It's ironic that this is the first post I saw when coming to your blog; I was looking for one of the postings around the time of your surgery, and stumbled upon this post. I say ironic because it fits with my reason for coming here.

I was in Austin the week before you had surgery, on business to meet with Gov. Perry's office re: water purification and economic development programs I'm trying to help launch in Texas and West Virginia. I had just finished "The Attractor Factor" and was blown away! Also, I wasn't supposed to be in Austin; my father (and business partner) was, but he fell off a ladder prior to the trip and I took his place. I felt like it was serendipity!!

I tried to contact you to see about talking with you while I was in Texas, as I had a few days in between meetings in Houston, Austin, and Dallas, and chose to spend my spare days in Austin. I hoped that if nothing else, we could talk for a few minutes or have lunch.

I have to be blunt and say I was very disappointed with how I was treated by your assistant. I know it's her job to screen for you and protect your time, but what I read in your book touched me at a time when I really needed it (and still do), and I honestly felt like I was going to Austin for a reason beyond a business trip.

Her response to me was to send me your schedule of where you would be speaking. A little disheartening, since I had poured out my heart about what had transpired prior to my trip, and how it almost seemed like it came right from your book! But I thought maybe she misunderstood, so I emailed again, stating that I didn't want a lot of time, even just a chance to say hello and exchange some positive energy.

I started to post this message back in late Jan/early Feb, but decided not to bother you with negativity while you were healing. Today, however, I was re-reading The Attractor Factor (to get clear on my goals and find more resources for clearing), and realized that I was really hurt by being rebuffed the way I was and needed to communicate it to you honestly to clear myself of the negative feelings.

I wouldn't usually post this in a public forum like this, but I saw a post from a friend of yours who had a similar problem, and you responded that you would make sure that he got "white listed."

So there it is! I love your work, and have learned a great deal from it; I have LOTS more to learn and apply, but I honestly believe that what you've laid out in your works will help me acheive what are some very lofty goals!!

Thanks for letting me "vent", and I hope your healing process continues without incident.

Sincerely,
David Sullivan

1:06 AM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi David. I'm sorry you felt slighted. No one has ever complained about my assistant, not once, until now. I suspect you simply wanted more than what was possible. Not only am I not in Austin, but I can't possibly answer the 2,000 emails I get every day, let alone visit with all the people who ask for just "a few minutes." It simply can't happen anymore. I DO wish you well and appreciate your kind words. I am healthy and recovered and blowing and going, back in the saddle once again.
Blessings,
joe

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sully said...

Joe -

I understand about the time issue, and wanted to say thank you for taking the time to respond to me here...I really appreciate it! I guess my excitement got the best of me. :)

All the best,
David

12:12 PM  
Blogger Joe Vitale said...

David, your understanding reply makes me want to meet you all the more. I look forward to it one day soon.
joe

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.