Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Do "buy me a beer" buttons work on blogs and websites?

Here's a question I get asked a lot:

"Does anyone ever buy you an Amazon gift certificate?"

The question refers to the note above and below every entry here on my blog. Take a look above (or below) and you'll see this statement:

"If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know
by buying him his favorite gift -
an Amazon gift certificate. Click Here! "

So, does anyone ever buy me an Amazon gift certificate?

I got the idea to add that line after hearing about people adding similar lines, usually saying something like, "If you like this website, buy me a beer."

You'd then see a link where you could Paypal the person a few dollars. I used to wonder if the idea actually worked, until I heard about people receiving hundreds of dollars a month this way.

I still didn't think it would work for me or anyone else, though, until I went to one of my favorite sites at www.askdavetaylor.com/ I saw Dave has a button where you could buy him a chai if you liked his blog. Well, I love Dave Taylor's blog. The guy amazes me with what he knows or can find out. One day, after reading his blog and feeling impressed, I sent him some money as a gift.

And that's when it dawned on me: maybe this "buy me something if you like my site" idea would work for me, too.

I don't drink beer, rarely drink chai, and I have plenty of coffee in the morning, so I didn't want any of those.

But I do spend a great deal of money at Amazon. I shop at Amazon every day and buy something almost every other day. An Amazon gift certificate would be appropriate for me. In fact, it's my favorite kind of gift in the entire world. (Unless someone wants to buy me a 2007 BMW Z4 M, of course. If you do, I prefer the color Interlagos Blue Metallic.)

So I added the "buy me" line to my blog. I figured it wouldn't hurt and maybe somebody would actually click on it and do it.

To my amazement, the very next day after adding the line, someone sent me an Amazon gift certificate for $100.

I loved it.

Two days later someone sent me a gift of $20.

I loved that, too.

Things were quiet for a month or more until yesterday, when someone else sent me $100.

Yes, I loved it, as well.

I had a great time shopping at Amazon yesterday, feeling like a kid at Christmas, with a hundred dollars burning a hole in my cyber-pocket.

All of these gifts were joyously received. And from what I can tell, they were joyously sent.

People were glad to do it. It made them feel good. And as I explain in my book, The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History, this giving will lead to them receiving. It's just the way the universe works.

So - Does adding a leading statement like "If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. Click Here! " work?

You bet it does.

If you're truly inspiring or informing, entertaining or educating, people may want to thank you. A "buy me something cool" link gives them a fast and easy way to do just that, at the very moment they are feeling the most grateful for you and your writing.

I suggest you add one to your site today.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- I know, I know. All of my "hypnotic marketing" products -- all the e-books and audios and courses -- have been taken off the market. People keep calling my office and saying the links aren't working on www.mrfire.com That's because all of my products sold through Nitro Marketing, Inc. are off the market. But, as a consolation, you can access some really good training I've done on hypnotic marketing (all yours free) here: www.hypnoticmarketing.com/goodstuff.o/10386 You'll find some audios and more, including my "3 Minute Money Magnet" program. I had forgotten about it. I tried it and still love it. Go check it out. If you like it, buy me an Amazon gift certificate.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zach Even - Esh said...

Joe

I just sent my brother 'The Secret' for his b day. I have been talking casually w/him about the attractor factor and how I use it to grown my biz w/ease and joy.

I guess it rubbed off on him b/c he snagged a GREAT DEAL on a BMW cobvertible, and, he lives in san diego so he can enjoy the sun roof BIG TIME!

he does insurance sales and I can really see his business & life taking off once he starts watching 'The Secret'!

Thanks again Joe,
have an AWESOME DAY!!

-zach :)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.