Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, August 14, 2006

A First-Hand Report on Traveling During Orange Alert

Nerissa and I headed to the airport early last Thursday morning, oblivious to the just implemented orange alert at all the airports.

We were surprised to learn we couldn't take water or lotions on the plane. I rely on water to stay healthy. I take gel-like nutritional packs with me so I don't eat the airline food. All of that had to be trashed.

No one explained why to us, or to anyone else.

When security stopped me and went through my carry-on bag, the gent examining my stuff was kind enough to tell me about the potential terroritst attacks and the new level of high security. Knowing what was happening helped a lot in reducing our anxiety and confusion.

After we got through security, we saw the television sets in the airport blasting the news out to the world. As I listened, they sure made the airport experience sound worse than what it really was. If I were planning to go to the airport, the media warnings might have talked me out of it. But I was in the airport, and everything was totally fine.

Nerissa and I got on two flights that day, and two more yesterday.

We never had a problem.

We didn't encoutner long lines.

We didn't hear any unhappy travelers.

And every flight was sold out.

Life was pretty much going on as usual, simply minus some water and lotions.

Again, the media focuses on the negative and distorts reality. A front-page close-up photo of a guard at an airport holding a machine gun makes you think some negative thoughts. But the truth is, I never saw a guard carrying any weapon at all.

I'm glad we are being protected.

But don't let the media rule your experiences.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - I have much to report about the hypnosis convention. It was a whirlwind adventure with non-stop magic and miracles. Stay tuned.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Britt Malka said...

Hi Joe

You are so right, when you write:
But don't let the media rule your experiences.

Latest the Reuters scandale with fixed pictures makes this even clearer. (Keywords here are Reuters and Photoshop.)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the hypnosis convention. From you and the fabolous Lee Pascoe :-) I hope you met her again. We got her postcard from Texas today. She'll really something.

Kind regards
Britt Malka
www.16min.com

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.