Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Three Ways to Get Power

In one of the many private conversations I had in Maui with direct marketing legend Joe Sugarman, we discussed the idea of power.

According to Joe, there are three ways to get it:

1. Wealth.

2. Oratory Skills.

3. Fame.

Joe went on to tell me he thought I had two out of three, and was about to get the third.

For the longest time I wasn't sure what he meant.

What were the two ways that I already had?

As I roamed around Maui, with and without Joe, almost everywhere I went, I was recognized. Apparently the movie The Secret is being shown on a regular basis in Hawaii. And apparently it is turning me into a minor celebrity, at least in spiritual circles.

Joe noticed this growing fame. He once joked, "I can't take you anywhere."

He also noted that my speaking skills were strong. Had I stayed in Maui longer, he was going to put me on a television show where I would interview the current mayor.

I'm sharing all of this with you as food for thought. If you want to influence people, you may need power. If Joe is right, and I believe he is, you need to go after one, two, or even all three of the ways to power: wealth, oratory skills, fame.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - A Maui photographer asked if he could photograph me. He wanted me to wear sunglasses in the shot. Joe gave me a pair of one of his new BluBlocker® Magnum sunglasses. I love them. They have a magnet in the center of them, right in the nose guard, that holds them together. When you want to take them off, you simply grab and pull. Way cool. Check out the new Magnum and all of Joe's famous sunglasses at www.blublocker.com Also note that the woman modelling the glasses is Joe's wife. I'd say Joe has some power of his own.

PPS - News Flash: P.T. Barnum was right, according to this news story: It's about Barnum's mummy being verified as real. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14852117/ Remember, I wrote the only book on Barnum's business secrets, in There's A Customer Born Every Minute. If you read it, he'll bless you in mysterious ways. After all, Barnum was so powerful that his reach stretches from across his grave.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe Vitale said...

Hi Steve. You don't need the book at all, though it of course would help. The teleseminar series is set up to explain the steps for a specific outcome, in this case a new car. It works, too. I keep hearing from people who get new cars almost daily. I keep attracting them, too, and now need to attract a bigger garage.
joe

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.