Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Don't read this unless you forgot something

Seth Godin www.sethgodin.com just turned me on to a cool service:

It's an online way to send text message reminders to your cell phone.

I just tried it and it works beautifully (but only in the USA and some parts of Canada, for now).

What you do is go to www.ohdontforget.com/ and enter your mobile phone number, the day and time you want your reminder, and the text message you want sent.

For example, I'm going to be on Wendi Friesen's www.wendi.com radio show later today. While I doubt I'll ever forget something as important as hanging out with the beautiful hypnotist Wendi, I thought I would test www.ohdontforget.com with a reminder to call in to her show at 6 PM Central.

The tool is a breeze to use. My only question is, what time zone does it operate in? It appears to adapt the time zone by checking the area code you enter, but I could be wrong. If you enter a a request for a call from a Pacific time zone, and it uses a Central time zone, you'll miss your appointment. Other than that, the service is cool. And free.

Note: I just wrote my time-zone question to the programmer, Jason Stirman, and he instantly replied, saying, "Ohdontforget.com automatically knows your time zone and schedules reminders accordingly."

WAY cool.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS - The "I love you" audio by Pat O'Bryan and myself has become a runaway bestseller. If you haven't looked into it, why not right now? See www.milagroresearchinstitute.com/iloveyou.htm Or send yourself a reminder to look at it later.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.