Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

What does the Gold Plated Cigar Lighter Mean? or, Your Money Test: Part Two

Yesterday I told you about buying a gold plated cigar lighter for $612. I asked you to note how it made you feel. Now I'll tell you why I made that request.

The night I bought the David Off luxury lighter, Nerissa, Mark and I went out for dinner. The conversation was deep and entrancing. Whenever anyone said anything wise, insightful, or positive, I flipped open the lighter to anchor the moment with a "ping."

Sometimes they noticed what I was doing, but often they did not. The "ping" was becoming a tool for sealing beautiful moments into our minds. Milton Erickson would have loved it. So would Pavlov and his dogs.

The next day I had breakfast with Brian Dean, a remarkable cruise ship stage hypnotist. Brian told me he used my Hypnotic Selling Secrets package to take his site, which was making $600 a month, to a site making $53,000 a month.

He also told me he had no emotional attachment to money. He said it was just a tool. Since very few people have this mindset towards money, I wanted to know more.

"Let me test you," I said.

I then told him about buying the lighter for six hundred dollars.

I asked him what he thought.

"I know exactly why you bought that lighter," he said.

"Tell me," I encouraged.

"You bought it to anchor in the emotions of success and deservingness. Whenever you touch that lighter, you'll recall being here and all the success you've had. I think it's a brilliant investment. It's worth far more than the six hundred dollars. I applaud you."

Later that same day, I was sitting in a gazebo, being interviewed by friends. I asked a couple there what they thought of my buying a lighter for hundreds of dollars.

"That's stupid!" one gent exclaimed.

"Tell me what you really feel," I said.

"You can light a cigar with a match," he continued. "You don't need a lighter, let alone one for six hundred dollars! That's just stupid!"

Brian dean was there, and he explained his view. As the discussion grew, my gold lighter with the special "ping" became a tool for self-awareness. It revealed where people were in their prosperity consciousness.

In fact, Brian suggested he and I write a book about the whole mindset of money as a tool, which meant my lighter was becoming a money-making new project.

"Let me tell you what I think," I began. "I have a belief in my head that says the more money I spend, the more money I receive. So when I spend six hundred dollars, I start looking for the six thousand dollars coming around the corner."

"But you can use that money for other things, like feeding people," the skeptic said.

"That's a comment from a scarcity mind," I said. "I believe you can help feed people and spend six hundred dollars on a lighter. The only limits are self-created ones."

By now you can see why I asked you how it felt to hear about my lighter. It was simply a way to hold up a mirror to your own beliefs. That shiny gold lighter reflects your money IQ.

If you like your beliefs, keep them.

If you don't, consider taking on new ones.

If you want to investigate all of this more deeply, the next Manifestation Weekend will be Nov. 11 - 12 in Austin, Texas. Price is just like the original one (just a little more than a gold lighter): $1,000. If you're interested in attending, send an email to my assistant Suzanne at suzanneburns@austin.rr.com

If you want to know what the first manifestation weekend was like, see www.BeyondManifestation.com

"Ping"

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- I received my Zager guitar. It's beautiful, sounds lyrical, and somehow seems to make me a better guitar player. Their service is off the charts wonderful, too. I wrote to them complaining that I expected a guitar case but only got a t-shirt with the guitar. They instantly wrote back, said it wasn't their policy to send cases, but they would send me one for free because they didn't want a disappointed customer. Now that is service to model. I'm very pleased.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Vitale said...

You are SO right!
:)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Beautiful! Can I share a story?

I was recently in the market for a new suit and had decided that I'd probably spend somewhere around $600 for a nice Hart, Schaffner and Marx pinstriped suit.

When I got to the store, I spotted a BEAUTIFUL suit that was just what I was looking for. But it was $2,000.

At the moment I saw it, I started having thoughts that $2,000 was too much for a suit when I don't wear them that often. A $600 suit would be just fine.

As soon as I recognized that thought for what it was -- my old mindset fighting for its life -- I knew I HAD to buy that suit. And I knew I'd feel like a million bucks in it.

So, I called my tailor over to ask if he had it in my size. His response? "Actually THIS one is your size. And since it's been hanging here for awhile and you're such a frequent customer, I'll let you have 50% off if you buy it today."

Boom. $1,000 in my pocket and a beautiful $2,000 suit in my closet.

And, you're right, Joe. The difference in mindset when I wore it at our company's last event was great.

By the way, I'll see you on November 11th at the Manifestion Weekend. It'll be my first and I'm looking forward to it!

Tony Rush

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.