Beyond Marketing by Dr. Joe Vitale

Thoughts, news, riffs and reviews by Dr. Joe Vitale ("Mr. Fire!") about marketing, publicity, selling, hypnosis, copywriting, books, fitness, metaphysics, "The Secret" and anything else he cares to comment on, including healing, humor, the Internet and yes, maybe even sex.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wimberley, Texas, United States

Author of way too many books to list here

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Get RSS to Beyond Marketing


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

Monday, June 26, 2006

What's Your Code? or, Three Must-Have Books (Part Two)

I told you about the first must-have book I'm currently reading yesterday. Today I'll tell you about the second one:

The Culture Code by Clotaire Rapaille.

I almost didn't pick this one up. I thought it was yet another poor spin-off of The Da Vinci Code, which I'm tired of hearing about and seeing take-offs of.

But this new book is riveting, as well as revealing.

Rapaille is an expensive marketing consultant who digs into the collective unconscious of a nation to unearth its silent system of "codes" -- unconscious symbols, or archetypes.

The book's subtitle says, "An ingenious way to understand why people around the world live and buy as they do."

I found the book astonishing. What he declares are the hidden motivators for our behaviors is surprising, at least at first.

For example, being overweight means a person has "checked out."

The code for fat is basically giving up on life. A fat person has "checked out" of the game, so to speak. When they check in again, they will lose weight.

And the code for money is "proof."

We want money to show we are worthy; that we matter; that we have succeeded. It is the "proof" that validates our living and our abilities.

And you don't want to know the code for sex.

The Culture Code goes through numerous revelations. He gives the code for beauty, health, luxury, food, shopping, work, money, sex, and more. All of it is brilliant.

My only concern with the book is how do I find out the code for any particular audience I might want to market something to? I'm left thinking the codes are priceless to know, but only Rapaille or some other Freudian trained marketer can reveal them. The codes he shares are enlightening and will help me better understand myself and other Americans. But beyond that, what do I do?

Still, this is truly a must-have book.

Get it.

Ao Akua,

Joe
www.mrfire.com

PS -- Later I will reveal the third and final must-have book from the stack I am currently reading. What are the top three books you are currently reading? I'd love to know.

PPS - Great news: The audios, transcripts, and secret manual to the famous Manifestation Weekend are now available at www.BeyondManifestation.com If you're ready for the "Advanced Manifestation" course, go see that site right now.


If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lise said...

Hi Joe, thanks for the second instalment. These books sound wonderful, you are a bookworm like myself, I always have two or three books on the go, there's no room on my bedside table for much other than a light, books and my journal. Books I'm reading: Just finished your Spiritual Marketing which is superb, I knew I liked you as soon as I read something from you a few years ago; hearing your voice on various radio shows endeared me more and then seeing you on the Secret sealed the deal. Kindred spirits! The other books: How to win Friends and Influence other - Dale Carnegie, What to say when you speak to yourself - Shad Helmstetter & Psycho-cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz (for the 3rd time!). I love hearing the books you read, it gives me an idea of the soulfood a super mentor like yourself takes in!
Warmest wishes Joe
Lisa Sutherland-Fraser
Melbourne, Australia :^)

My kitties say hi to your kitties!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet & Website News from Send2Press Newswire

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.